Once you have created a report, you can then compare the displayed statistics between the current and past time intervals, for example, a week-on-week or month-on-month comparison. To generate such a time comparison report, perform the following steps.
To generate a time comparison report:
- On the generated report's screen, click the Last 7 days drop-down list displayed at the top-right corner of the screen. The time interval popup window is displayed.
- Select the Custom Range option.
- Click the Compare slider to set its status to ON.
- Select the start and end dates for the current and past time intervals on the Current Period tab and Past Period tabs respectively.
- Click the Confirm button to generate the report. The screen refreshes and displays the time comparison report:
Click Save to save this comparison report as a new custom report.
This report displays the statistics for each metric for both current and past periods. A message will display if the selected chart type isn't supported by the comparison report. Select a different chart type from the Chart menu.
- The values of the metrics (for example, Revenue, Spend, Paid Impressions and eCPM displayed in the above figure) displayed at the top indicate the total values of those metrics for only the current period.
- A icon next to a value indicates that it has increased in the current time interval as compared to the past time interval.
- A icon next to a value indicates that it has decreased in the current time interval as compared to the past time interval.
- By default, this report displays the comparison in absolute values for each metric. You can also view this report in two other modes - Absolute change and Percent change. You can select one of these modes using the Show compare value as drop-down list:
- Absolute Value - Displays the values in the Current and Past Period columns for each metric.
- Absolute Change - Displays the increment or decrement (prefixed with a - sign) in the Past Period column for each metric as compared to the current period values.
- Percent Change - Displays the percentage of the increment or decrement (prefixed with a - sign) in the Past Period column for each metric as compared to the current period values.