Once you have created a report, you can then compare the displayed statistics between the current and past time intervals, for example, a week-on-week or month-on-month comparison. To generate such a time comparison report, perform the following steps.
Create a time comparison report
- In the PubMatic UI, select Analytics > Report Builder.
- Change the Time to Custom. A pop-up window will appear.
- Enter the From and to dates (or click Today).
- Click the Compare button and then enter the set the start date and end date that you want to do a comparison with.
- Click Save.
Below is an example of a time comparison report.This report displays the statistics for each metric for both current and past periods. A message will display if the selected chart type isn't supported by the comparison report. Select a different chart type from the Chart menu.
- You can select different dimensions and metrics from the drop-down lists.
- By default, the report will display the comparison in absolute values for each metric. You can also view this report in two other modes - Absolute change and Percent change. You can select one of these modes using the Show compare value as drop-down list:
- Absolute Value - Displays the values in the Current and Past Period columns for each metric.
- Absolute Change - Displays the increment or decrement (prefixed with a - sign) in the Past Period column for each metric as compared to the current period values.
- Percent Change - Displays the percentage of the increment or decrement (prefixed with a - sign) in the Past Period column for each metric as compared to the current period values.
- You can also change the Chart type. See Analytics Chart Types for more information.