What are the benefits of PubMatic’s native advertising offering?
PubMatic’s native advertising solution provides a scalable solution across direct and indirect channels, multiple screen formats (mobile, tablet, display) in a single platform. PubMatic unifies publisher’s native advertising needs with those of media buyers to improve customer engagement and monetization.
Which screen formats does PubMatic support?
Supported formats include:
- Mobile Web
- (OpenWrap availability TBD)
Which native assets does PubMatic support?
Supported assets include:
- ICON Image
- Cover (main) Image
- Logo Image
- Data assets, including:
- Sale Price
- Phone Number
- Display URL
- Call to action
Is PubMatic compliant with IAB’s OpenRTB protocol for native advertising?
Yes, PubMatic’s native advertising solution fully supports IAB OpenRTB 2.3. OpenRTB 2.3 enables native ads to be targeted, optimized, and transacted programmatically, reducing workload on publishers and advertisers alike. OpenRTB 2.3 allows publishers to define the fields that are available and required to assemble the native ad.
OpenRTB 2.3 protocol includes:
- Native ad placements included directly in the impression object specification, and passed through the bid stream by the publishers.
- Native specification present under the impression object specification that enables the publisher to offer the same impression as banner, video and/or native ad placement.
- Metadata in native requests, including:
Does header bidding support native ads?
No, header bidding only supports banner ads. Neither video nor native is currently supported in header bidding.
Does PubMatic provide analytics for native advertising?
Yes, PubMatic analytics are available for its entire product line, including native advertising. The PubMatic analytics module provides insights across different ad formats and channels, enabling publishers to continuously evaluate performance of impressions through advanced metrics. Expected future enhancements include native-specific reports such as social shares, follows, etc.
What types of demand are available through PubMatic?
PubMatic provides native inventory through:
- Native direct campaign support. PubMatic’s Unified Ad Server (UAS) enables you to create direct campaigns using either standard IAB native templates and/or customized native ad units.
- Programmatic demand. PubMatic is integrated with programmatic demand partners such as TTD, BidSwitch, BlinkX and Zemanta.
- Mediation network support. PubMatic’s Native SDK supports integrations with mediation networks for writing custom adapters.
Can tag-based clients use Publisher Rendered ad formats?
No. Only API clients can use the Publisher Rendered tags.
Does passback work for Publisher Rendered tags?
Yes. In Publisher Rendered tags, we send the error response, “2.”
How does a seller set the size for a native ad?
Native does not have an ad size parameter. The publisher uses a template to pass the ratio (width x height), maximum size for title, description, etc.
Are there best practices for native creatives?
Yes, the following guidelines are recommended:
- Use images that feature people, as they can drive engagement on both desktop and mobile.
- Make sure your logo is visible and prominent. Larger logos deliver recall, action, and longer fixation across platforms.
- Brand mentions, while not as powerful as logos, have a strong impact on performance. Include them in headlines of ads.
- Ensure that you have a seamless mobile experience in place for the consumer post-click. When users engage, you want them to understand next steps easily.
- Pricing: native eCPM is closer to video than display.