PubMatic is focused on making the Open Internet, consisting of premium publishers, more addressable for buyers by supporting ALL Universal ID solutions, including DigiTrust, Open ID and Advertising ID.
Benefits of Supporting the Above IDs in Open RTB
- Enable high match rate in cookie-able environments between the buyer and publisher audience
- Decrease the pixel sync-up calls on the client page, leading to a better user experience and less latency
- Higher accuracy in attribution and frequency capping
- Privacy compliance from universal opt-outs for end-users
At PubMatic, we provide an open and flexible RTB pipe, that can receive multiple IDs from Publishers, generate the ID where it is not available and then send multiple IDs to DSPs.
Publishers: How to Use the Universal ID
- Download the DigiTrust library on the client side.
- PubMatic will retrieve the ID from the browser to send it to the DSP.
Non-members will not have access to download the DigiTrust library, therefore, PubMatic will add the DigiTrust library on the page to generate the ID and send it to the DSP.
Open ID (TTD)
Publishers automatically take advantage of TradeDesk's adsrvr.org via PubMatic’s ID sync with TradeDesk. No action is required from Publishers.
Open ID (TTD)
Sync with TradeDesk and send the adsrvr.org ID in the AdRequest in the following format.
Support for the following integrations are coming soon:
- Open Wrap
- Index Exchange
Buyers: How to use the Universal ID
- PubMatic sends the DigiTrust and adsrvr.org identifiers within the user object inside a standard OpenRTB2.X and 3.0 bid request to DSPs.
- DSPs can the begin logging and bidding against the additional identifiers.
PubMatic will send decrypted DigiTrust IDs to all DigiTrust members in the format found on DigiTrust's OpenRTB extension.
PubMatic will not send DigiTrust IDs to non-members. To become a member please contact DigiTrust.
Open ID (TTD)
TTD's adsrvr.org ID will be sent in the bid-request in the format below, only to the DSPs that have opted to receive the ID.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Universal IDs are supported by PubMatic?
- PubMatic has built a solution to support multiple IDs. Currently we support IAB’s DigiTrust ID, TradeDesk’s Open ID and BounceX ID.
- If you require a different ID in the bid-stream, please contact us to provide your requirements.
I am not a member of DigiTrust, how do I support the Universal ID?
How do I support TradeDesk's Open ID?
Open ID is based on TradeDesk’s adsrvr.org, which has been used for several years to drop a TTD cookie ID. PubMatic already has a high match rate for this identifier. If you have a tag-based integration, PubMatic will send the TTD ID in the bid request to DSPs.
For Server to Server Integrations, contact TradeDesk to generate their ID and send it in the ad-request. Please note, if you have a wrapper implemented, it should support passing the ID to exchanges. Open Wrap and Pre-Bid supports both Digitrust and Open ID.
Should I be support one or multiple IDs?
Given these are early days, we recommend publishers support multiple IDs, until a standard has been established that all buy-side participants will adopt.
Which other IDs will I need to support in the future?
Many industry participants are planning to create their own ID, such as the Salesforce Unified Customer ID and Net ID. We believe there will be many, until one emerges as the default in the next year or two. Therefore, we will support multiple initiatives, learn the benefits of each, and continue to iterate.
Which DSPs are targeting against these IDs
We are in very early stages and no major DSP has completely adopted any ID, mainly because exchanges and publishers are not sending the IDs at scale in Open RTB to DSPs. PubMatic believes, it is very important to create a standardized solution for the open web, hence we will support multiple initiatives and work with major DSPs to drive adoption.
How should we enable the ID if we are not receiving it in the bid request?
If you are a member of DigiTrust and are not receiving the ID, or want to receive the Open ID, please contact your PubMatic account manager to enable it.
How can we stop receiving the ID if we don't want it?
Please contact your account manager to disable the id.