Ad Units represent monetizable inventory within web pages, mobile apps, and video players. An ad unit defines specific inventory attributes such as size, creative types, and page location. The Unified Ad Server generates an ad tag code that uniquely identifies an ad that will fill an ad slot. When you create an ad unit, you specify size, video ad attributes, native ad attributes, and general details like refresh rates and frequency caps. A "parent" ad unit can contain up to five levels of "child" ad units. When the server calls a parent ad unit, it also calls all associated child units.
PubMatic enables you to view, manage, and create ad units. Select Inventory | Ad Units from the main navigation to view and manage your full inventory of ad units using the information below.
View/Navigate Ad Units
- By default, the 25 most recently created ad units display in the list, with the option to load more by clicking Load 25 More at the bottom of the list.
- Parent ad units display an arrow to the left of the ad unit name. To view child ad unit(s) in the list, click the arrow.
- If an ad unit is either a parent or a child ad unit, a gray arrow will appear to the right of its name. Click the arrow to browse the hierarchy of the ad unit. The hierarchy will appear in breadcrumbs. Use the breadcrumbs to navigate through the hierarchy of the ad unit. Select Root to return to the initial list of ad units.
Find Ad Units
Use the Find box to search for an ad unit by name, code, ID or description, and click Apply.Note: An ad unit may appear more than once in a search result if it is a child ad unit. (It will appear by itself and as the child of another ad unit.)
- Filter the ad units by Ad Types, Ad Sizes and/or Status. Multiple selections within and among filters can be used to filter the table. (For example, multiple ad types and ad sizes can be selected at the same time to filter data. Click Apply or Clear All to activate or clear filters.
- Click a column header to sort the list by specific criteria.
Manage Multiple Ad Units
To manage several ad units simultaneously:
Click Manage List.A check box appears left of each Ad Unit Name.
- Select boxes for ad units that require the same action.
Select an option from the Actions drop-down menu above the column headings:Options will vary based on ad unit status
- Deactivate (Pause)
- Archive (Permanently Disable)
- Add to Group