Your avatar, or main profile photo, is a great way for people to “meet” and recognize you in person. An avatar lets community members quickly associate your comments and status updates with a simple visual cue. You can also upload up to ten photos that people can see when they visit your profile.
To upload your avatar:
- Click your avatar in the upper-right corner and select Edit Profile.
- To add a photo, select the Photos tab.
- Browse to a photo on your computer that you’d like to upload.
- Click the Upload & Continue button.
- If you’d like to crop your photo, drag the handles to select the portion of the photo you want to show, then drag the box to position your selection. Click the Crop Image button.
- Click Finished. If prompted whether you want to Update Avatar, click Yes.
- The top left photo is your primary photo. Drag a photo from one of the other boxes to make that photo your primary photo.
- Click Finished to set your photos and avatar and return to your profile page.