Before using Ad Inspector in Firefox, perform the following steps:
To inspect ads served on a website, right-click anywhere on the browser screen and select Ad Inspector. The Ad Inspector panel will activate/open in the bottom of the browser window.
If not configured, you will be prompted to enter the Authorization Key when you access Ad Inspector for the first time.
Ad Inspector Panel
The Ad Inspector panel contains three tabs:
- Summary, which displays the details of all the ads server through PubMatic on the webpage.
- Ad #: The sequence of an ad on the web page. Data represented in the adjacent columns are specific to this ad.
- Ad Tag ID: Identifier (ID) of the PubMatic ad tag this ad was served.
- Demand Partner: The name of the winning demand partner, i.e., Ad Network, RTB, or non-RTB.
In addition, when you start Ad Inspector, ads served by PubMatic are highlighted on the website and facilitate interactive overlay options. Each ad is numbered, which enables you to view the details for the associated ads in the Summary tab.
- PubMatic Login, which enables login to the PubMatic platform.
- Troubleshooting, which displays detailed information for an ad served through PubMatic on the web page. This is useful if you want to resolve or reort any issue related to the given ad.
- Ad Tag ID: The identifier of the ad tag.
- Demand Partner: The name of the winning demand partner that provided the ad.
- Demand Type: The type of demand partner, i.e., Ad Network, RTB, or Non-RTB
- Site ID: The identifier of the website on which the ad is displayed.
- Page URL: The web page's URL where the ad is being displayed.
- Daisy Chain Info: The ad network that defaulted from serving the given ad. If an ad network has not defaulted, then this field displays "No Defaults."
- URL Call Trace: Link to download the URL call trace details for the ad. For more information see,
Downloading the URL Call Trace Details
To view the URL call trace details for an ad, scroll to the bottom of the Ad Inspector panel displaying the Troubleshooting Details tab, and click the Download Call trace link.
The URL call trace details for the ad are downloaded to your computer in the form of a HTML file. Open this HTML file in a browser to view the URL call trace details for the ad as shown below