To learn more about managing deals, refer to the Deal Management for Publishers guide
Before you Begin: Be sure you've created the Offer or Product prior to creating the deal.
Create a New Deal
Learn more about: PMP-Guaranteed Roles & Responsibilities
- Enter a Deal Name using the convention: ATD/Buyer - DSP-Publisher Placement MMDDYY.
- Enter a Deal ID using the convention: Buyer - Publisher - Month/Day - NumericValue or click Generate Deal ID to automatically generate a Deal ID.
Deal ID has a limit of 64 characters.
- Select a Channel Type: PMP or PMP Guaranteed
- Select a priority for the deal. Use the recommended priority settings below to achieve thedesired delivery, fill and eCPM for each deal.
Recommended Priority Settings:
PMP: P11-15 (Default is P15)
PMP-G: P5 - P7 (Default is P5)Note: In PubMatic’s Simplified Priority, 1 is the highest priority and 16 is the lowest priority. Bids from demand sources will consider the priority in the bidding process. If there are two bids with the same bid amount and different priorities, the bid with the higher priority will be considered in the auction.
For more information about setting priorities, refer to Setting Priorities with the Simplified Model (P16)
- Select the Demand Partner Demand Side Platform(s) and Buyer(s).
PMP-G can have only one buyer and one DSP.
Buyers are filtered based on DSP Selection. We display Buyer - DSP - SeatId for each DSP Buyer pair. SeatId is an association Id between DSP and Buyer.
- Select the Timezone that applies to this deal.
- Enter the Duration (Start Date & End Date) for the Transaction. For transactions without an end date, select Ongoing. PMP-G Must have an end date; PMP-G deals cannot be ongoing.
Select the Auction Type:
• First Price: Each bidder provides a bid. The highest bidder gets the first slot, the second-highest the second slot, etc. Bidders pay the price they bid themselves. (PMP ONLY)
• Second Price: The highest bidder wins the auction, but pays the second-highest bidder’s bid price plus fee. (PMP ONLY)
• Fixed Price: Price paid in the PMP deal is not an auction, but is agreed to by both seller and buyer.
- Enter the desired CPM for this deal in USD.
- Enter a Minimum Amount and Available Impressions. (PMP-G ONLY)
- Select Yes or No to indicate whether the Deal ID should be sent to the publisher in PubMatic's response. If enabled, the Deal ID must be passed to PubMatic by the publisher in the ad request, and PubMatic will include this Deal ID in its response to the publisher. This applies only to publishers with a server-to-server integration.
- Select Yes or No for whether this deal is a Consortium deal. If Yes, select the PMPG Category and enter Revenue Share.
- Associate an offer or product with this deal by clicking Offer or Product from the Create a Deal From buttons.
- Select the specific offer or product from the drop-down menu below the buttons. The Summary information on the right will auto-complete.
Set your geographical and audience targets, rich media technology (if applicable), and key value rules.
- Select whether you want Matched Users, Unmatched or Any. Typically used for those publishers integrated through a DMP. If unsure of which option to choose, select Any.
- Set targeting criteria. Select include for those you want to target or exclude for those you want to exclude. To remove selected items, click the “X” or Clear All in the Targeted Summary section.
Geography: Select one or more geographic regions from where visitors will be served impressions.
New tags are not needed to target specific geos, only to select geos in this column will target that specific inventory. (e.g., if trying to target Canada, select Canada as inventory. No need to create Canadian tags.)
- Geography is by country. Any DMA targeting will be done on the backend by PubMatic. (Reach out to your Customer Success Manager to request this if needed.)
Audience: Select the audience(s) who will be targeted with this offer.
Rich Media: Select one or more Rich Media providers. Rich media ads include streaming video, text or images that interact instantly with visitors.
Key Value: Enter custom variables that are part of this offer.
- Click Add Rule to create a new rule for this offer, or
Click Delete to delete the rule from the PubMatic system, or
Click +Add Another Key. Follow these steps to add a key value to this deal:
- Enter the key values.
Example: Targeting supported
Key: Category Is 123
Key: Whitelist Is 1,2
Example: Targeting not supported
Key: Age Is Under 25
- Click Submit. The key feature will be added to this rule.
- Click +Add Key to this Rule to add another key feature for this rule.
- Click Done to create the rule.
- Enter the key values.
Specific targeting below will appear when it applies to the product or offer selected.
Select the video targeting attributes to include in this deal.
- Video Ad Formats:
- Linear: Indicates the video ad which runs before, between, or after the video content is viewed by the publisher.
- Non-Linear: Indicates the video ad which runs parallel to the video content so the publisher still has the option of viewing the content.
- Ad Position:
- Pre-roll: Video ad that appears before the video content displays.
- In-roll: Video ad that appears in the middle of the video content.
- Post-roll: Video ad that appears after the video content completes.
- Skippable: Yes, No, Any
- Skip Delay: Enter number of seconds
- Skip Delay Override: Enter number of seconds
- Players Size: All, Small, Medium, Large
Select mobile targeting attributes to include in this deal.
- Latitude/Longitude: Yes/No
- Smartphone Devices: Any or Select specific devices
- Mobile OS: All, or select specific mobile operating system(s)
- Browsers: All, or select specific browser(s)
- Carrier: All, or select specific carrier(s)
- Device Id Type: All, or select specific device type(s)
Select the days of the week and day segment (Start Time/End Time) this deal will appear.
Deselecting all days of the week will result in a deal which is applicable for all days.
- Select Yes for Advertiser Whitelist if you would like to whitelist one or more advertisers by advertiser name, IAB Category or domain. Whitelisting will make this deal available only to buyer(s) who match the advertisers you select. If you select Yes, continue; if No, move to the next section.
- Make the desired selections from the drop-down lists for:
Advertiser Domain (Manually input from the drop-down or upload in bulk.)
Select Sales Manager, DSP and/or Buyer Email addresses from the drop-down menus. Additionally, you can enter up to 15 additional emails in the box provided.
- (PMP-G Only) Select Yes or No to indicate whether the Last Lookup is Enabled.
- Select a Sales Manager from the drop-down list, if applicable.
Save the Deal
When all details of the Deal are complete, click Save & Activate.
Edit a Deal
Only one deal can be modified at a time.
- Select Transactions | Deals from the main navigation.
- Locate the deal you want to edit (use the Search box to locate if needed).
- Click Actions menu button for the deal and select Edit.
- Make changes and click Save & Activate.