An AG Offer describes the terms under which a particular product is sold, including pricing, targeting and whom it is visible to. The offer takes the sites, ad units, and ad unit groups from the product and defines the details of what is available. This process allows publishers to easily reuse the same defined sites, ad units, and ad unit groups, while being able to create many different offers with differing prices, targeting, and quantity. This reduces the need to constantly redefine the sites, ad units, and ad units groups on the publisher's sites.
An Offer is always linked to a Product. An AG Order is a collection of line items that purchased collectively by a buyer. A line item represents specific inventory that is purchased for a specific date range, quantity and price.
Use the following instructions and best practices to create an AG Offer.
Creating a New Offer
- Select Inventory | Offers from the main navigation.
- Click Create Offer in the upper right of the Products and Offers Management page.
- Select the Automated Guaranteed (AG) channel in the Offer Type section.
- Select an AG-Compatible Product from the drop-down menu. (If the Product you are looking for does not appear in the list, check to make sure it is AG Compatible.)
Enter AG Offer Information
- Enter a Name and Description for the Offer. These will be available in the Offer listing.
- Upload a good quality logo to ensure visibility.
- Enter Search Tags that match this offer. Search Tags help make your inventory discoverable, as buyers may search by keywords/tags that match offers.
- Enter the Display URL of the site page this offer applies to.
- Indicate whether the page this offer applies to allows user generated content (e.g., comments, ratings, etc.).
Enter Pricing and Availability
- Price is the actual price for the Offer.
- Public Rate Card reinforces the value of the price being offered for this inventory in a direct agreement vs. publicly published rates. (The field labels will reflect the Cost Type selected.)
- Enter the Max Daily Impressions.
- Enter the Minimum Amount you’ll accept for the line item from the buyer.
- Select Start and End dates you expect this offer to run. Dates are negotiable by the buyer.
Select Targeting Details
Set your geographical, device and connection targets.
- Select the geographical location(s) you want to include or exclude from your targeting by scrolling the list or using the search box.
- Select include for those you want to target or exclude for those you want to exclude.
- To remove selected items, click the “X” or Clear All in the Targeted Summary section.When you select to include one or more specific locations, you are automatically excluding any that are not selected; therefore, the exclude option will no longer display as soon as you include a location. The same will happen if you select a location to exclude; the include option will no longer display.
- Select the Devices tab and select the device criteria from the drop-down menu that you want to include or exclude.
- Select the Connection tab and select Bandwidth or Mobile Carrier from the drop-down menu to see the selections you can include or exclude from your targeting.
Only demand partners and buyers can upload new creative tags. Publishers can associate creatives to line items only after the DSP or buyer provisions them.
Select the Accepted Creative Types you will accept in this Offer and enter any notes as needed. (Notes are for internal team purposes only and are not communicated to DSPs or buyers.)
Customizing Offer Visibility
Select the Demand Side Platforms (DSPs) and buyers you want to make this offer visible to (or leave visible to all). Selecting a tab (i.e., Demand Side Platforms, Buyers, All) first organizes the hierarchy for filtering and is intended to make it easier to narrow visibility based on your primary needs.
Visibility selections adhere to the following guidelines:
- Once a tab is selected, that option is prioritized as the primary visibility filter.
Example: Selecting the Buyers tab places Buyers as the primary filter and Demand Side Platforms secondary within that tab. Selecting the Demand Side Platforms tab would make it the primary filter and Buyers secondary.
- Only selections in the tab that is active at the time the offer is saved will apply to this offer. In addition, any selections made on one tab will be deleted when another tab is selected.
Example: If you select the Demand Side Platforms tab and make DSP/Buyer selections and then click the Buyers tab, selections will be removed and DSPs/Buyers will return to the defaults on the Demand Side Platforms tab.
- When a primary filter option is selected, it determines the options available in the secondary filter.
Example: If you select the Buyers tab and select one specific buyer, only the DSP(s) associated with that buyer will be available in the secondary Demand Side Platforms filter option.
- If multiple DSPs or Buyers are selected in a primary filter, ‘Any’ is automatically selected for the secondary filter and ONLY those secondary filter options associated with the selected primary filter will be included.
Example: With the Buyers tab selected, select 3 buyers as the primary filter. The Demand Side Platform option will be automatically set to ‘Any’ and only DSPs associated with the selected 3 buyers will be included.
- To make the offer visible to all DSPs and buyers, select the All tab (no additional filter options are required).
- Select Start and End dates this offer will be visible. To leave the end date open, select Ongoing.
- Select a tab (Demand Side Platforms, Buyers, or All) to narrow the offer’s visibility to the desired DSPs and Buyers. If All is selected, no additional selections are required, as it will make the offer visible to all DSPs and Buyers.
- Select DSPs and/or Buyers in the primary and secondary filter options to customize who will see this offer.
- Save the offer (see the next section for details).
Saving an AG Offer
After entering Offer details, select Save and Create the AG Order or Save and Finish. The order can be created now or later by the publisher or the DSP/buyer.
To create the AG Order later, click Save and Finish and then select the Offer Name from the list to open and view it and select Save and Create AG Order or, select the menu to the right of the Offer in the list of Offers and select Create AG Order.