PubMatic Analytics provides performance metrics for robust analysis and reporting. Analytics are the key to understanding the health of your account and moving forward with strategies for growth. In addition to using pre-made standard reports, you can also create custom reports to analyze your performance data.
Creating a Report
- Select Analytics from the main navigation.
- Select Create a Report.
Selecting a Reporting Mode
Unified Ad Server (UAS) customers can select from two report types:
- Programmatic Reports: to create a report that includes only SSP-specific dimensions and metrics for programmatic auctions and deals.
- Unified Reports: to create a report that includes both programmatic and direct campaign dimensions and metrics from both SSP and UAS.When a selection is made, it will appear within the tab selection next to Reporting Mode.
The following instructions apply to a Unified Report selection. Please refer to Creating and Editing Reports for Programmatic Reports.
Selecting Dimensions, Filters and Metrics
Dimensions, filters and metrics can be customized for each report created. Select a tab at the top or use the Next button at the bottom of a the page to navigate through report creation. If you do not need to edit filters or metrics, select the desired dimensions and click Generate Report.
- Each dimension contains default filters that can be edited in the Filters tab.
- Selected dimensions can be used to filter data rather than displaying data in the report.
- The metrics, Paid Impressions, Revenue, and eCPM, are selected by default. Metrics can be selected/deselected in the Metrics tab.
- If you do not need to edit the default filters and metrics, generate the report from the Dimensions tab after selecting the desired dimensions.
Select up to 5 dimensions for which data will display in the report. If desired, select up to 5 additional dimensions to use as filters for the data.
Up to 10 dimensions may be selected, however, only a maximum of five will display data in the report. Dimensions can also be used as filters. This is useful if you do not want to view data for a dimension in a report but want to use it to filter the values of other displayed dimensions.
If more than five dimensions are selected and none are used as filters, the first five selected will display data in the report. All subsequently selected dimensions will not be displayed as dimensions.
See the Filters section below for more information about designating dimensions as filters.
- Select the Dimensions tab and select the dimensions to be included in the report.TIP: Use the Clear Selection button to clear all selected dimensions.
- Click Next to view/edit filters, or click Generate Report to create the report with the default filters and metrics.
- Click Save to save the report.
Each dimension uses a default set of filters, which can be edited from the Filters tab. In addition to editing filters, you may also designate a dimension to be used as a filter, and change the order dimensions will appear in the report table.
Edit a Filter
- From the Filters tab, click Edit for a dimension to modify its defaults.
- Modify the filters using the options provided and click Save.
Use a Dimension as a Filter
- From the Filters tab, click Edit next to the desired dimension.
- Select the checkbox, I want to use this dimension as a filter and click Save.
Change the order of Dimensions in the Report
- From the Filters tab, click and drag the button next to a dimension.
- Drop the filter where it should be placed in the report.
For any new report, Response, Revenue and eCPM, are selected by default. Use the Metrics tab to select which metrics to include in the report
- Select the Metrics tab.
- Click a metric to select/deselect it.TIP: Use the Clear Selection button to clear all selected metrics.
- Click Generate Report.
- Click Save to save the report. Provide a name and description when prompted.
Changing the Time Interval of the Report
By default, the report is generated for the past 7 days. However you can change this time interval by clicking the Last 7 days drop-down list at the top-right corner of the screen.
The following popup window is displayed. You can select the following interval options in this popup – Yesterday, Last 7 days, Last 30 days, Last week, Last month, This month, and Custom Range (between any two dates).
Account associated with the order/line item.
Name of the advertiser associated with the ad.
Ad unit associated with the ad tag targeted by a line item.
Country from which an impression was requested.
The geographic area targeted by a line item.
The type of ad associated with the impression.
|The size of the ad associated with the impression.|
Date (in the YYYY-MM-DD format) on which an impression was requested.
Time (in the 24-hour HH format) at which an impression was received. This dimension can only be used for records generated in the last 48 hours.
Month (YYYY-MM-format) at which an impression was received.
Week (YYYYWww format) at which an impression was received.
Orders and Line Items
Campaigns with different targeting.
Line Item Priority
|The priority for a line item.|
Line Item Type
|The type of line item (e.g., Sponsorship, Standard, OpenExchange, House).|
|A group of related line items .|
|A combination of targeting parameters applied to a particular line item.|
The device make targeted by a line item.
The device model targeted by a line item.
Editing a Report
Reports can be edited after creation. Modify dimensions, filters, date ranges, and more.
Edit a Report
- View the report you want to modify and click Edit (above the graph of the report).
- Select the Dimensions, Filters or Metrics tab and edit desired selections or filters
- Click Generate Report.
- Click Save to save edits.