Creating a Report
You can create a report based on an existing Standard Report or by selecting new dimensions and metrics for specific data to build a new report. There are several ways a report can be created:
- Select Analytics | Create a Report from the main navigation.
- Select Analytics | Reports from the main navigation and then click Create New Report.
- Select Analytics Reports from the main navigation and click a Standard Report to view it and click Edit. Make changes and then click Save. (Provide a name and description.)
- Select Analytics | Reports from the main navigation and type create report in the Smart Search bar.
Selecting Dimensions and Metrics from a List
Whether you are creating a new report or customizing a Standard report to save as a custom report, you'll can individually selecting dimensions and metrics to include. After selecting dimensions, you can apply filters and edit, save, share and download the report.
- Select one of the methods above to create a new report or modify a Standard Report.
- From the Select Dimensions screen, select up to 10 dimensions (5 visible + 5 hidden*) by clicking on each dimension you want to include in the report.
Visual dimensions are displayed in the report and hidden dimensions are not displayed. This is useful if you do not want to view a dimension in a report but want it to be used to filter the values of other visible dimensions.
- Click Next.
- Selected dimensions will appear in the report while Dimensions as filters will not (but will be used to filter the data). However, when editing a dimension, a checkbox option will appear to opt to use the dimension as a filter.
To modify which dimensions are visible/hidden or to change the order in which they appear in the report, drag and drop the dimension to where it should be placed.See Dimension descriptions below.
- Click Select Metrics and choose up to 10 metrics to use in the report.
- Click Generate Report.
- Click Save in the upper right corner to save the custom report.
Changing the Time Interval of the Report
By default, the report is generated for the past 7 days. However you can change this time interval by clicking the Last 7 days drop-down list at the top-right corner of the screen.
The following popup window is displayed. You can select the following interval options in this popup – Yesterday, Last 7 days, Last 30 days, Last week, Last month, This month, and Custom Range (between any two dates).
Ad attributes section
Type of ad associated with the impression. For example, video, display.
Size of ad associated with the impression.
Ad Network (Group)
Name of the parent ad network which monetized the impression.
Note: This dimension can be combined only with the following dimensions - Ad Format, Ad Size, Ad Network (Variant), Category, Ad Tag, Fold Position (Placement), Secure Status, Site, Date and Hour.
Ad Network (Variant)
Name of the ad network's campaign which monetized the impression.
Note: This dimension can be combined only with the following dimensions - Ad Format, Ad Size, Ad Network (Group), Category, Ad Tag, Fold Position (Placement), Secure Status, Site, Date and Hour.
Name of the advertiser associated with the ad.
Name of the ATD, agency or buyer associated with the DSP who won the impression.
Note: For non-zero bids, you need to select the NonZero Bids Received bid matrics rather than NonZero Bids Response metrics.
Category of the advertiser associated with the ad.
Note: For IAB-enabled users, both PubMatic categories and IAB categoriers will be displayed. PubMatic categories will be prefixed with pm. Example, pm_<categoryName>, pm_fashion. For non-IAB users only the PubMatic categories will be displayed in the list.
Name of the DSP who won the impression.
Name of the Marketplace deal which won the impression.
Note: This dimension can be combined only with the following dimensions - Ad Format, Ad Size, Advertiser, Buyer, Category, DSP, Platform, Site, Date and Hour.
Name of the Publisher on whose site the impression was requested.
Name of the RTB campaign which won the impression.
Sales channel through which the impression was won. For example, PMP, RTB
Platform through which an impression was requested. For example, Web, Mobile Web.
Country from which an impression was requested.
Name of the ad tag using which an impression was requested.
Indicates whether the DSP's cookies were dropped or not when an impression was requested.
Fold Position (Placement)
Fold placement associated with the ad tag using which an impression was requested.
Indicates whether the impression request sent to the DSP was a multi-bid request or not.
Section of the site from which an impression was requested.
Note: This dimension can be combined only with the following dimensions - Site, Platform, Channel, Ad Tag, Date, DSP, Hour and Advertiser.
Indicates whether the inventory is secure or not.
URL of the site from which an impression was requested.
Category of the site from which an impression was requested.
Mobile - Device ID Present
Indicates whether the user's device ID is present or not in the impression requests.
Mobile - Device ID Type
Type of device ID used by the visitor to generate an impression request.
Mobile - Device Type
Type of device used by the visitor to generate an impression request.
Mobile - Geo Source
Source using which the geographical location of the visitor has been provided.
Mobile - Lat/Long
Indicates whether the latitude/longitude details of the visitor have been included in the impression request or not.
Time Units section
Date (in the YYYY-MM-DD format) on which an impression was requested.
Time (in the 24-hour HH format) at which an impression was received. This dimension can only be used for records generated in the last 48 hours.
Editing a Report
Reports can be edited after creation. Modify dimensions, filters, date ranges, and more.
Edit a Report
- View the report you want to modify and click Edit (above the graph of the report).
- Click Edit or Delete from the Actions column to edit existing dimensions.
- To change the order of Dimensions, drag and drop a dimension to another location in the list.
- To select Dimensions and Metrics, click the buttons, make selections and click Generate Report.
- Click Create Report when done.