About Audience Insights
Audience Insights enables you to view statistics for the audiences on your site. PubMatic also provides a list of default (system-generated) audiences, which help you analyze the audiences visiting your site.
To access Audience Insights, select Configuration | Audience Insights from the main navigation.
Benefits of Using Audience Insights
- The publisher can use the audiences from the PubMatic system to run audience-targeted campaigns on a visitor and display an appropriate creative to the visitor.
- To run its own audience-targeted campaigns on a visitor in the absence of audiences, the publisher will need to sign a deal with the required data providers.
Searching for an Audience
- Select Configuration | Audience Insights from the main navigation.
- Enter the ID or Audience Name in the search field in the upper left, above the table.
Viewing Audience Data
Conduct a search and/or select a site to view.
Customizing Audience View
To customize which columns of data appear in the table, click Select Columns and select/deselect the columns from the list.
|ID/Audience Name||Displays the name of the audience.|
If is prefixed to an audience's name, then it indicates a user-created audience (My Audiences), that is, an audience which you have created in the DMP.
If is prefixed to an audience's name, then it indicates a system-generated audience (Default Audiences), that is, audiences which are auto-generated by the system.
Hover the mouse pointer over the audience name to view that audience's details such as name, definition, description and data provider
|Total Uniques||Displays the total number of unique visitors associated with the given audience and observed on the given publisher's site.|
|RTB Uniques||Displays the number of unique visitors associated with the given audience and observed in RTB.|
|Impressions||Displays the total number of impressions monetized for the given audience in RTB.|
|Est. Revenue||Displays the estimated revenue earned from the impressions for the given audience using RTB.|
|eCPM||Displays the average eCPM at which the impressions for the given audience was won in RTB.|
|Avg. Bid eCPM||Displays the average bid eCPM of the impressions for the given audience in RTB.|
|Total bids||Displays the total number of bids received for the impressions for the given audience in RTB.|
|Rules||Displays the number of rules applied on the given audience for the given site. If it displays a non-zero value, then click this number to view the details of the rules associated with the given audience.|
|Deals||Displays the number of deals applied on the given audience for the given site. If it displays a non-zero value, then click this number to view the details of the deals associated with the given audience.|
|AIM Tag||- Allows the PubMatic system to send the given audience's ID to your site's ad server. These audience details can then be used in audience-targeted campaigns in your ad server.|
- Prevents the PubMatic system from sending the given audience's ID to your site's ad server.
Select the action which you want to perform on the given audience.
Note: This column is visible only if you have integrated with a DMP and are using the PubMatic system for monetizing your audience.
Downloading an Audience Report
To save the audience reports on your computer for future reference, perform the following steps.
- Search for the audiences whose report you want to download as described in the Searching for an audience topic.
- The Audience Insights screen displays the list of audiences matching the search criteria.
- Click the button to download the displayed audiences' details. The Download Reports popup window is displayed.
- Select the report which you want to download, that is, either Audience Insights or Demand Insights.
- Select the format in which you want to download the report, that is, XLS (Microsoft Excel), CSV or PDF.
- Click the Download button.
The downloaded report displays the same statistical details as described in the Viewing the list of audiences topic.