The PubMatic integration plan uses the following steps:
- Review and implement the RTB API specification
- Fill out the Technical Questionnaire
- Plan your integration timeline
- Integration Testing
Step 1: API Specification
Review the API Specification and get technical clarifications.
Step 2: Technical Questionnaire
Obtain the Technical Questionnaire from your PubMatic Account Manager, fill it and send it back to us.
Step 3: Plan Your Integration Timeline
Share your timeline for API Service Implementation, Integration Testing and planned API Integration Release Date.
Step 4: Integration Testing
- Technical Questionnaire should be filled out and returned (at least 2 weeks prior to integration testing )
- Unit tested API Service should be available
- Working creative URL/ad tag (PSA ads are good enough)
- test with correct request/response
- test with invocation of Creative URL/ad tag to see whether ad loads correctly
- test the click tracking mechanism
- test the reports to validate the calls made, revenue (bid values), clicks made
- test request/response timing (should be <75ms)
- test with multiple request/response in parallel (upto peak load of ~1800 requests per second as of now)
- test with missing/mal framed/delayed request, response
Planned Testing Phases:
- Phase 1 [request, response, parameters validation]
- Test only request/response format and validation of all mandatory parameters.
- No real impressions/bid value involved.
- This can happen even on a non-production server once your software is ready.
- timeline : 1-2 days
- less than 5,000 imps per day
- Phase 2 [with test impressions, test ads]
- Test on production server with test impressions
- Test feature, performance, timeout, throughput and load
- Validate the API, ad serving, cookie, tracking mechanism at both ends
- timeline : 2-3 days
- 50K Impressions each with 50,100,200,300 requests in parallel
- Phase 3 [test with real impressions, real ads, Demand Partner pays for the impressions]
- test on production server with real impressions [low volume]
- test feature, performance, timeout, throughput and load
- validate the ad serving, cookie, tracking mechanism at both ends
- verify the reporting figures at both ends
- timeline : 3 days of testing and 2-3 days for validation of reports
[Demand Partner pays for the winning impressions]
- less than 100,000 imps per day
Step 5: Release
After successful API Integration Testing, PubMatic shall release the API service for Integration with RTB traffic from PubMatic.