Before using PubMatic APIs, first generate the API Token. For more information, refer to Getting Started with PubMatic APIs.
Note: This document supports a set of APIs for older integrations.
For accurate click tracking, the Demand Partner needs to provide a click tracking MACRO to be placed by name in the HTML URL/JS URL/custom ad tag, which will be replaced with the PubMatic click tracker.
Note: It is mandatory for the Demand Partners to provide the click tracking macro in the URL.
- Demand Partner passes a click tracker macro in the creative URL.
- PubMatic replaces it with its click tracking URL (URL encoded string).
- User clicks the advertisement.
- On the click event, Demand Partner’s click tracker calls the PubMatic click tracking URL after appending the associated landing page URL to the click tracking URL
- PubMatic gets called for tracking click.
- PubMatic redirects to the associated landing page URL appended by Demand Partner.
Note: The macro name and the actual URL here are examples only and should not be used by demand partners integrating into PubMatic’s RTB service.