Before using PubMatic APIs, first generate the API Token. For more information, refer to Getting Started with PubMatic APIs.
Note: This document supports a set of APIs for older integrations.
PubMatic maintains its own list of buyer ids as well as DSP specific Buyer ID list as well. It also does mapping between PubMatic’s buyer ID and DSPs specific Buyer ID.
There are two scenarios for buyer ID mapping:
- DSP wants to use their Buyer ID: In this scenario, PubMatic gets DSP specific buyer ID as mentioned above.
- If DSP doesn’t want to share their Buyer ID, then PubMatic asks DSP to use PubMatic’s Buyer ID. In this case, the DSP will have to maintain mapping between their Buyer ID and PubMatic Buyer ID. However, PubMatic will maintain its own Buyer ID list as DSP specific Buyer ID list.
- PubMatic’s buyer ID list contains two entries:
Buyer IDBuyer Name1Agency 12Agency 2
- Now, DSP 1 is willing to share their Buyer ID list with us:
Buyer IDBuyer Name11Agency 112Agency 2
- PubMatic will maintain mapping as following:
Buyer IDBuyer NameDSPDSP Buyer ID1Agency 1DSP 1112Agency 2DSP 112
- Now, DSP 2 is not willing to share their Buyer ID list with us. They expect PubMatic to send PubMatic’s Buyer ID. In this case, we will map PubMatic’s Buyer ID as DSPs Buyer ID:
Buyer IDBuyer NameDSPDSP Buyer ID1Agency 1DSP 212Agency 2DSP 22
By doing so, DSP2 will receive PubMatic’s buyer ID and DSP 1 will receive DSP 1’s Buyer ID.
This approach is simplest and will maintain consistency. However, we will have to ensure that mappings are entered and updated for DSPs.
This parameter has now been deprecated and will be eventually phased out.
Auction type. Possible values are:
Minimum value expected by publisher for this deal.
If the bid is intended to be a Private Marketplace bid, then the Demand Partner must pass back the appropriate Deal ID for the Demand Partner’s bid. If the bid was not sent for any particular Private Marketplace, then the Deal ID parameter must not be returned. If the bid comes back with a dealId that is not valid then, that bid will be considered for general auction.