OpenRTB 2.3 Documentation
For accurate click tracking, the Demand Partner needs to use the standard click tracking MACRO to be placed by name in the creative tag, which will be replaced with the PubMatic click tracker.
Note: It is mandatory for the Demand Partners to provide the click tracking macro in the creative tag.
- Demand Partner uses a click tracker macro in the creative tag.
- PubMatic replaces it with its click tracking URL (URL encoded string).
http://track.pubmatic.com/AdServer/AdDisplayTrackerServlet? clickData=USEAACUjAAC0FwAAEIBDtVjy8LWM1j0AAAAAADwAAADYA gAAWgAAAAUAAAACAAAAQUYwOUYzMjktQjAwMC00RURBLTk5MDQtQ0Q1NEQxQTQzOUM4AAAAAABOQ09MT1IAAAAAAE5DT0xPUgAAAA AATkNPTE9SAAAAAABOQ09MT1IAAAAAAE5DT0xPUgAAAAA=_url=
- User clicks the advertisement.
- On the click event, the Demand Partner’s click tracker calls the PubMatic click tracking URL after appending the associated landing page URL to the click tracking URL
- PubMatic gets called for tracking click.
- PubMatic redirects to the associated landing page URL appended by Demand Partner.