The PubMatic Wrapper Solution simplifies the header tag integration process and post-integration management for publishers. By passing the necessary controls to publishers' ad/business operations teams, the Wrapper Solution improves publishers' ability to maximize monetization opportunities.
This guide provides instructions for creating line items in the publisher’s ad server using the Line Item Creation tool. This is currently an internal tool that accepts a CSV file as an input, and creates line items with the publisher’s preference. In order to create line items the tool requires access to the ad server, which can be provided as per the steps included in this document.
Complete CSV File
Please complete the CSV file with the following details. Each row in the csv file creates a line item set with similar settings. The similarity is in the price increments of consecutive line items; the csv file requires a separate row for each set of line items.
- For an existing order, provide the exact order name as it appears in DFP. If the order name is not found, a new order will be created in the ad server.
- Specifies the advertiser under which the order is created. Provide the exact advertiser name as it appears in DFP.
Note: The advertiser name must already exist in DFP. You cannot create a new advertiser name for DFP using the Line Item Creation tool.
- Provide the minimum dollar value (in USD) at which line items should be created. Minimum acceptable value for this field = $0.
- Provide the maximum dollar value (in USD) at which the line item set should stop creating line items. For example, if end range is set at 3, it will cover targeting up to $2.99 and 3 will be covered in the next line item.
- This is the difference between successive line items in the specified range. Granularity level can be specified as 0.01, 0.1, 1, 10, etc. The granularity level, in combination with the start and end ranges, automatically creates the custom target values.
Example: A granularity level of 0.1 will create a difference of $0.10 between successive line items.
- The smallest granularity level accepted is $0.01 (0 is not a valid option)
- Enter a granularity level of -1 for the final line item. This covers all targeting within the range to the endpoint.
Example (the last line with granularity “-1” covers all bids between $40-$50):order_name,advertiser,start_range,end_range,granularity,rate_id
The DFP rate is based on the rate ID specified (see below) and is calculated based on the indicated currency. The rate based on currency is calculated internally using the live currency exchange rate. Refer to the two options listed below.
|Rate ID||Rate Description||Examples|
|1||Average of Bid Range|
|2||Minimum of Bid Range|
Before submitting the CSV file to PubMatic, verify the following. This will help ensure successful implementation.
- Order Name and Advertiser Name are accurate. There is no back-end validation. Text in the spreadsheet will be used exactly as it appears.
- You have added the granularity of -1 for your final line item. This covers all targeting within the range to the endpoint.
- No granularity levels of ‘0’ exist. $0.01 is the minimum allowable granularity level.
- Start/End Ranges do not overlap in multiple slots.
- Advertiser already exists in DFP.
- No more than 450 line items per order, including archived line items.
- Refer to current limits in DFP: https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/1628457?hl=en
- All Bid Values (Start Range, End Range & Granularity) are in USD. If the DFP account is in a currency other then USD, the Line Item Creation tool will convert the rate and price range to user’s DFP account currency.
Create a new role, PubMatic Trafficker and create a PubMatic user to associate with the role in DFP for the creation of line items.
To Create a New Role:
- In DFP select Admin | Roles.
- Enter PubMatic Trafficker in the Name field.
- Select Trafficker from the Copy permissions from role drop-down list.
- Specify the Role description.
- Select the checkbox for Edit ad units, placements and custom targeting to enable it.
- Click Save.
- Select Admin | Users.
- Create a New User with the name PubMatic and associate the role of PubMatic Trafficker to the user. An email address will be provided by PubMatic to be used when creating the new user.
- Click Save.
- The line items created under a specified order will have a status of DRAFT, as PubMatic does not currently approve DFP orders via API. To update the line items’ status to READY, please log into your DFP account and approve manually.
- In the CSV file, only 2 decimal places are supported for the Start Range, End Range and Granularity.