PubMatic APIs allow publishers and buyers to create, manage, discover and negotiate their inventory in the PubMatic system.
How does it work?
- Publishers add their available inventory in PubMatic and group that inventory into "Products" with information such as ad size, where the ad will be placed, ad tags, etc.
- Publishers then create an "Offer" that contains the Product. An Offer contains more information about how, when, how often and to whom the ad will be served. The Offer is what makes this inventory "discoverable" to buyers who are looking for specific types of placements for their ads.Publishers can also determine which buyers, demand side platforms and advertisers they want to show their inventory to.
- Once an Offer is created, the publisher creates a "Deal" or "Order" that determines which buying channel they want to place it on, the type of auction it's in, the price and number of impressions they're offering, audience targeting information, etc. All of this information is used by ad buyers when they bid in programmatic auctions, private marketplaces or guaranteed channels such as our Automated Guaranteed or Private Marketplace Guaranteed channels.
- Products: A product defines a publisher’s ad inventory. A product is a combination of one or more ad tags or sites that can be monetized as an inventory package. A product can also be defined as mappings to entities in the publisher’s ad server.
- Offers: An AG offer describes the terms under which a particular product is sold, including pricing, targeting, and the demand partner platform. Offers ultimately turn into line items when purchased in an order.
- Deals or Orders: - A deal/order is a collection of line items being purchased by a buyer at once. Therefore, orders begin by adding offers to an order which become the order's line items. A line item is an offer that has been purchased for a specific date range, quantity, and price. (Note: "Order" is the term used for a deal in PubMatic's Automated Guaranteed channel.
- Change Requests - Change requests can be initiated after an order has been approved by both parties. It allows modifications to orders to be proposed and approved by both parties if a change to an already approved order is wanted.
- Creatives - Creatives can be assigned to line items and reviewed by publishers before activating line items in the ad server.