Rich Media Support for Publishers - FAQ

Document created by catherine.racette on Sep 26, 2017Last modified by catherine.racette on Sep 26, 2017
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Introduction

PubMatic is able to support Rich Media across ads through both PubMatic RTB and Open RTB in our UI platform. Media buyers and publishers are now able to transact Rich Media across screens through the PubMatic UI including desktop, mobile, and tablet. This document is designed to guide you through the process of how to enable Rich Media inventory across your properties and allow media buyers to bid on your inventory.

1. What do I need to do to enable media buyers to bid on Rich Media on my properties?

To enable media buyers to bid on Rich Media inventory on your web properties, you will need to incorporate three additional parameters in the ad request. The particular attributes that should be embedded within the ad request are outlined in the table below:

• kadexpdir ==> Rich Media Expansion direction, Refer to "Expandable Direction"
  • kadbattr ==> Rich Media Bad Attributes, Refer to "Creative Attributes"
  • kadifb ==> Rich Media iFrame Buster Technologies, Refer to "Rich Media Technologies"

2. How do I incorporate the new parameters if I’m integrated with PubMatic via “tags”?

There are two ways to incorporate the Rich Media parameters for tag-based publishers:

• Hardcode the 3 parameters outlined in question 1 above
  • Send the 3 parameters outlined in question 1 above in runtime during the ad request

Rich Media ad tag examples:

Display AdTag:

<script type="text/javascript">
var pubId=44449;
var siteId=44450;
var kadId=77080;
var kadwidth=728;
var kadheight=90;
var kadtype=1;
// Following are custom params for RichMedia
var kadexpdir = '2,3';
var kadbattr = '3,8';
var kadifb = 'pr,dc';
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ads.pubmatic.com/AdServer/js/showad.js"></script>

Decision Manager Ad Tag:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ads.pubmatic.com/AdServer/js/mshowad.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
PubMatic.showAd({
"pubId":31400,
"siteId":32504,
"adId":36211,
"width":320,
"height":50,
"kadexpdir":"2,3",
"kadbattr":"3,8",
"kadifb":"pr,dc"
});
</script>

3. How do I incorporate the new parameters if I integrate with PubMatic through an API?

The table below provides additional information on the parameters that publishers need to incorporate in the ad requests via APIs.

Rich Media Parameters

ParametersMandatoryDescriptionValue Description
ExpdirNoComma-separated list of the expansion direction IDs.Expandable Direction:
Value Description
1 Left
2 Right
3 Up
4 Down
5 Fullscreen
BattrNoComma-separated list of the blocked creative attributes’ IDs.

Creative Attributes:

IDCreative Attribute
1Audio (Auto Play)
2Audio Ad (User Initiated)
3Audio Ad (User Initiated)
4Expandable (User Initiated - Click)
5Expandable (User Initiated - Rollover)
6In-Banner Video Ad (Auto Play)
7In-Banner Video Ad (User Initiated)
8Pop (e.g., Over, Under, or upon Exit)
9Provocative or Suggestive Imagery
10Shaky, Flashing, Flickering, Extreme Animation, Smileys
11Surveys
12Text Only
13User Interactive (e.g., Embedded Games)
14Windows Dialog or Alert Style
15Has audio on/off button
16Ad can be skipped (e.g., skip button on preroll video)
IfbNoComma-separated list of IDs of the allowed iframe buster/Rich Media-supported technologies.

iframe Buster Technologies:

Short CodeVendor
PrPointroll
EbEyeblaster
DcDoubleClick
EwEyeWonder
MpMediaplex
VpViewpoint
UiUnicast
SaSmart Adserver
KmKlipmart
ErEyeReturn
AtAtlas
AdAdinterax
AcAdcentric
FtFlashtalking
MmMediaMind
PtPictela

Note: If you are using a Rich Media technology that is not mentioned in this table, contact your PubMatic Account Manager to include it.

Rich Media API Example:

http://bid.pubmatic.com/AdServer/AdServerServlet?operId=3&pubId=504&siteId=505&adId=16639&kadwidth=300&kadheight=250&pageURL=http://192.168.1.115/pub-test.html&kltstamp=2013-04-02%2017%3A28%3A57&ranreq=0.6148488499487118&timezone=5.5&screenResolution=1366x768&inIframe=0&adPosition=16x8&adVisibility=1&expdir=1,2,3&battr=4,5,6&ifb=pr,

4. What are the benefits of enabling Rich Media support on my properties?

By enabling Rich Media support for your properties, you are able to increase the value of your eCPMs and revenues, as media buyers bid higher for your Rich Media inventory.

5. What should I do if I have more questions about Rich Media support or how to embed the parameters in my ad requests?

Please contact your PubMatic Account Manager for more information or refer to OpenRTB 2.3 Introduction 

Attachments

Outcomes