PubMatic is able to support Rich Media across ads through both PubMatic RTB and Open RTB in our UI platform. Media buyers and publishers are now able to transact Rich Media across screens through the PubMatic UI including desktop, mobile, and tablet. This document is designed to guide you through the process of how to enable Rich Media inventory across your properties and allow media buyers to bid on your inventory.
1. What do I need to do to enable media buyers to bid on Rich Media on my properties?
To enable media buyers to bid on Rich Media inventory on your web properties, you will need to incorporate three additional parameters in the ad request. The particular attributes that should be embedded within the ad request are outlined in the table below:
- kadexpdir ==> Rich Media Expansion direction, Refer to "Expandable Direction"
- kadbattr ==> Rich Media Bad Attributes, Refer to "Creative Attributes"
- kadifb ==> Rich Media iFrame Buster Technologies, Refer to "Rich Media Technologies"
2. How do I incorporate the new parameters if I’m integrated with PubMatic via “tags”?
There are two ways to incorporate the Rich Media parameters for tag-based publishers:
- Hardcode the 3 parameters outlined in question 1 above
- Send the 3 parameters outlined in question 1 above in runtime during the ad request
Rich Media ad tag examples:
// Following are custom params for RichMedia
var kadexpdir = '2,3';
var kadbattr = '3,8';
var kadifb = 'pr,dc';
Decision Manager Ad Tag:
3. How do I incorporate the new parameters if I integrate with PubMatic through an API?
The table below provides additional information on the parameters that publishers need to incorporate in the ad requests via APIs.
Rich Media Parameters
|Expdir||No||Comma-separated list of the expansion direction IDs.||Expandable Direction:|
|Battr||No||Comma-separated list of the blocked creative attributes’ IDs.|
|Ifb||No||Comma-separated list of IDs of the allowed iframe buster/Rich Media-supported technologies.|
iframe Buster Technologies:
Note: If you are using a Rich Media technology that is not mentioned in this table, contact your PubMatic Account Manager to include it.
Rich Media API Example:
4. What are the benefits of enabling Rich Media support on my properties?
By enabling Rich Media support for your properties, you are able to increase the value of your eCPMs and revenues, as media buyers bid higher for your Rich Media inventory.
5. What should I do if I have more questions about Rich Media support or how to embed the parameters in my ad requests?
Please contact your PubMatic Account Manager for more information or refer to OpenRTB 2.3 Introduction