- About Targeted PMP
- Accessing the Media Buyer Console (MBC)
- Creating a Targeted PMP
- Save Deal
- Edit, Activate or Deactivate a Targeted PMP
The PubMatic Media Buyer Console (MBC) makes it easy to find, bid on and track the performance of your programmatic advertising. A few simple steps will get you started with initiating and viewing deals. DSPs and Buyers can create deals based on desired targeting attributes by choosing the publishers they want to work with, and the audience and geographic parameters they want to target.
There are two ways to create a deal in MBC:
- Create deals from offers MBC's Inventory Discovery. Targeted PMPs are not available through this deal-creation method. To learn more, refer to Media Buyer Console (MBC) - Finding Offers and Creating Deals.
- Create deals from the MBC's Marketplace-Deals interface. Targeted PMPs can be viewed and created using the instructions below. To learn more about editing these deals, refer to Editing a Targeted PMPs in Media Buyer Console (MBC).
About Targeted PMP
PubMatic Targeted PMP provides buyers with a seamless real-time planning tool to quickly create PMP deals at scale, and offers many benefits, including:
- Ease of Use: Buyers can easily ingest data, discover inventory, target preferred publishers, and create PMP deals.
- Optimized Inventory: Discover which inventory (domains, categories, ad formats, platforms) is best suited to which audiences and tailor relevant deals to the segments.
- Scaling PMP: Refine deals with numerous targeting criteria, such as by audience, and across multiple publishers from an intuitive UI.
- Real-time Planning: Forecast the reach and impressions of your PMP campaign - in real time - during deal creation.
Parent & Child Deals
To view child deals, click the Deal ID or other non-hyperlinked area of the parent deal in the list to expand it.
Accessing the Media Buyer Console (MBC)
- Access the URL: https://apps.pubmatic.com/mediaconsole/.
- Log in using your PubMatic credentials.
Creating a Targeted PMP
- Follow the instructions above to access MBC.
- Select Marketplace | Deals.
- Click Create Targeted Deal.
- Select the targeting information for this deal using the guidelines in below.
Select the preferred publishers you want to whitelist for the deal. Either select/deselect individual publishers from the drop-down list or use the bulk upload CSV template.
Publishers included in Targeted PMP deals must meet the following criteria in the PubMatic systm:
- Account is PMP-Enabled
- Using Simplified Priority (P16)
- Not using Unified Ad Server
Option 1: Select Publishers from the List
- Select the Publishers drop-down menu and click to select individual publishers from the list on the left. Use the "X" to the right of a selected publisher to remove it from the list or select Clear All to remove all publishers from the list.
- Click Done. The Summary will update with selections.
Option 2: Bulk Uploading Publishers
- Click the Download CSV template to download a list of available publishers and PubIDs to update.
- Remove the publishers you don't want to include from the downloaded CSV file and save your changes.
- In the Inventory Targeting section, click Upload File.
Select the start date and end date (or select Ongoing instead of an end date) for the transaction time period you are targeting.
Select one or more geographic areas (region, country, city, or designated market area) from the list you are interested in targeting for this deal. Selected areas will appear in the Summary to the right. Use the "X" to remove a selected geographic area.
The selection can include Buyer first-party data, Publisher first-party data and PubMatic data. Filter the list by the desired providers you want to include. Select one or more audiences you want to target in this deal from the list. Selected areas will appear in the Summary to the right. Use the "X" to remove a selected audience.
NOTE: The PubMatic Data is global. We recommend you add Geo targeting, if you want to target users of a specific country.
Select one or more buyers (DSPs) you want to include in the deal.
The Summary section shows all available inventory that matches the selected targeting and buyer criteria and selected filters (above the Summary table).
- Use the Find box to locate specific publishers.
- Use the filter menus to filter the summary to include specific platforms and ad formats, and whether to display all publishers or only publishers that match the targeting and buyer criteria selections.
- To remove unwanted inventory from the deal, click Remove next to each you want to remove. To add inventory that does is not part of this deal, click Add.
Click Create Deal when all selections have been made.
Edit, Activate or Deactivate a Targeted PMP
Refer to Viewing & Editing Targeted PMPs in the Media Buyer Console (MBC) to learn more.