- About Targeted PMP
- Accessing the Media Buyer Console (MBC)
- Creating a Targeted PMP
- Deal Information
- Save Deal
- Edit, Activate or Deactivate a Targeted PMP
The PubMatic Media Buyer Console (MBC) makes it easy to find, bid on and track the performance of your programmatic advertising. A few simple steps will get you started with initiating and viewing deals. DSPs and Buyers can create deals based on desired targeting attributes by choosing the publishers they want to work with, and the audience and geographic parameters they want to target.
There are two ways to create a deal in MBC:
- Create deals from offers MBC's Inventory Discovery. Targeted PMPs are not available through this deal-creation method. To learn more, refer to Media Buyer Console (MBC) - Finding Offers and Creating Deals.
- Create deals from the MBC's Marketplace-Deals interface. Targeted PMPs can be viewed and created using the instructions below. To learn more about editing these deals, refer to Editing a Targeted PMPs in Media Buyer Console (MBC).
About Targeted PMP
PubMatic Targeted PMP provides buyers with a seamless real-time planning tool to quickly create PMP deals at scale, and offers many benefits, including:
- Ease of Use: Buyers can easily ingest data, discover inventory, target preferred publishers, and create PMP deals.
- Optimized Inventory: Discover which inventory (domains, categories, ad formats, platforms) is best suited to which audiences and tailor relevant deals to the segments.
- Scaling PMP: Refine deals with numerous targeting criteria, such as by audience, and across multiple publishers from an intuitive UI.
- Real-time Planning: Forecast the reach and impressions of your PMP campaign - in real time - during deal creation.
Parent & Child Deals
To view child deals, click the Deal ID or other non-hyperlinked area of the parent deal in the list to expand it.
Accessing the Media Buyer Console (MBC)
- Access the URL: https://apps.pubmatic.com/mediaconsole/.
- Log in using your PubMatic credentials.
Creating a Targeted PMP
- Follow the instructions above to access MBC.
- Select Marketplace | Deals.
- Click Create Targeted Deal.
- Select the targeting information for this deal using the guidelines in below.
Enter the Deal Name, Transaction Dates an DSPs for this deal.
Selecting Transaction Dates
Select the start date and end date (or select Ongoing instead of an end date) for the transaction time period you are targeting.
- Select the DSPs drop-down menu and click to select individual DSPs from the list on the left. Use the "X" to the right of a selected publisher to remove it from the list or select Clear All to remove all publishers from the list.
- Click Done.
Select the preferred publishers you want to whitelist for the deal as well as ad formats and platforms by which you want to filter inventory. Either select/deselect individual publishers from the drop-down list or use the bulk upload CSV template.
Publishers included in Targeted PMP deals must meet the following criteria in the PubMatic systm:
- Account is PMP-Enabled
- Using Simplified Priority (P16)
- Not using Unified Ad Server
Option 1: Select Publishers from the List
- Select the Publishers drop-down menu and click to select individual publishers from the list on the left. Use the "X" to the right of a selected publisher to remove it from the list or select Clear All to remove all publishers from the list.
- Click Done. The Summary will update with selections.
Option 2: Bulk Uploading Publishers
- Click the Download CSV template to download a list of available publishers and PubIDs to update.
- Remove the publishers you don't want to include from the downloaded CSV file and save your changes.
- In the Inventory Targeting section, click Upload File.
Inventory Filters (Available 7/17)
Select the Ad Formats (Banner and Native, Video) that will be targeted in this deal:
Banner and Native
- Native cannot be selected separately from Banner, however, if only Native creatives are added, then only Native inventory will be targeted.
When Banner and Native AND Video are both selected, detailed video targeting will be unavailable ("Video" will be grayed out in the left panel). This is because further detailed video targeting settings would negatively limit banner and native inventory.
- When Video is selected without selecting Banner and Native, additional video targeting options are available for selection from the left panel.
- Select Video in the left Targeting panel to select detailed video targeting attributes (descriptions below).
Indicates the video ad which runs before, between, or after the video content is viewed by the publisher.
Indicates the video ad which runs parallel to the video content so the publisher still has the option of viewing the content.
Video ad that appears before the video content displays.
Video ad that appears in the middle of the video content.
Video ad that appears after the video content completes.
Describes the conditions in which the video/audio plays.
Yes, No, Any
Enter number of seconds
Enter number of seconds
All, Small, Medium, Large
Select the platform targeting options for this deal.
- Mobile Web
- Mobile App iOS
- Mobile App Android
When Desktop is selected, detailed mobile targeting will be unavailable ("Mobile" will be grayed out in the left panel). This is because further detailed mobile targeting settings would negatively limit desktop inventory.
When any mobile platforms are selected without selecting Desktop, additional mobile targeting options are available for selection from the left panel. Select Mobile in the left Targeting panel to select detailed mobile targeting attributes (descriptions below).
All, or select specific device type(s)
All, or select specific mobile operating system(s)
All, or select specific browser(s)
Select one or more geographic areas (region, country, city, or designated market area) from the list you are interested in targeting for this deal. Selected areas will appear in the Summary to the right. Use the "X" to remove a selected geographic area.
The selection can include Buyer first-party data, Publisher first-party data and PubMatic data. Filter the list by the desired providers you want to include. Select one or more audiences you want to target in this deal from the list. Selected areas will appear in the Summary to the right. Use the "X" to remove a selected audience.
NOTE: The PubMatic Data is global. We recommend you add Geo targeting, if you want to target users of a specific country.
Select one or more buyers (DSPs) you want to include in the deal.
The Summary section shows all available inventory that matches the selected targeting and buyer criteria and selected filters (above the Summary table).
- Use the Find box to locate specific publishers.
- Use the filter menus to filter the summary to include specific platforms and ad formats, and whether to display all publishers or only publishers that match the targeting and buyer criteria selections.
- To remove unwanted inventory from the deal, click Remove next to each you want to remove. To add inventory that does is not part of this deal, click Add.
Click Create Deal when all selections have been made.
Edit, Activate or Deactivate a Targeted PMP
Refer to Viewing & Editing Targeted PMPs in the Media Buyer Console (MBC) to learn more.