- What is Automated Inventory Quality Scanning & Domain Whitelisting?
- How Does it Work?
- How Do I Upload a List of Domains for IAS Scanning?
- What Fields are Available in the Upload Template?
- What are the IAB Primary and Secondary Category IDs for an IAB-enabled publishers?
- (Should this section be removed?) What are the PubMatic Primary and Secondary Categories for a Non-IAB publisher?
- How do I View the Status of the Uploaded Domains Under Each Site?
What is Automated Inventory Quality Scanning & Domain Whitelisting?
This feature automates the process by which Channel Partners submit domains for monetization. A list of domains is uploaded to the Publisher UI for scanning by Integral Ad Science (IAS) for inventory quality. Approved domains are automatically onboarded to PubMatic for monetization. A downloadable report is generated with results of approved, rejected, and flagged domains.
The automated process streamlines what was once a manual process involving multiple PubMatic team members and significantly decreases scan time. Additionally, the faster results allow Channel Partners to take corrective actions on rejected sites sooner and rescan them for monetization. This increases workflow efficiency and reduces time-to-monetization for Channel Partners.
How Does it Work?
- A Channel Partner logs into the PubMatic platform and uploads a list of domains to be added to existing sites in their PubMatic account using a CSV file. (Navigate to Inventory & Rules | Sites & Tags and select Upload Domains from the Bulk Uploads drop-down list.)
- PubMatic processes the domain list file via Integral Ad Science (IAS).
- Approved domains are added to the Channel Partner's account in the specified sites.
- A downloadable report is generated in the Upload Domains screen with details of all submitted domains; for failed domains, failure reasons are indicated in the report. Failed domains are manually scanned by our Inventory Quality (IQ) Operations team, which if approved, are whitelisted in two business days.
- Additionally, users can view and download the details of domains uploaded under individual sites on the Domain Listing page.
How Do I Upload a List of Domains for IAS Scanning?
- Select Inventory & Rules | Sites & Tags from the main navigation.
- Click Bulk Uploads to expand the drop-down list. Select Upload Domains.
- Click Download Template.
- Open the downloaded template (CSV file) and update the Site URL, which is the Site Identifier in PubMatic and the Domain/App Store URL, which is the domain to be whitelisted.
Site URL = Identifier
- After saving updates to the template CSV file, return to the Upload Domains page in PubMatic and click Choose File.
- Locate the template CSV file and click Upload.
- Click the Refresh Button. The message File updated successfully will appear in the upper left corner.
- To check the results of the Inventory Quality check, click on the number of Processed Entries, which will download a CSV file with the results.
Downloaded File Sample:
Additionally, you can check the number of domains whitelisted or view domains to view the whitelisted domains for a site in the Sites & Tags page by clicking View Domains.
What Fields are Available in the Upload Template?
|Site URL||Yes||Site Identifier added to a given domain.||http://www.example.com|
|Domain/App Store URL||Yes||URL of the domain or mobile app store URL you want to the Site URL.||example.org (Web)|
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pubmatic-myreports/id577809796?mt=8 (iOS mobile app)
|App Domain||No||Domain URL of the mobile app.||http://www.pubmatic.com|
|Primary Category||No||ID of the domain's or app's primary IAB category. Please refer the table below for the complete list of values.||IAB1 (for Arts & Entertainment primary category)|
(Only if Publisher is IAB enabled)
|No||ID of the domain's or app's primary IAB category. Please refer to table below for the complete list of values.||IAB-1 (for Books & Literature secondary category)|
|Platform (Web/Mobile Web/Mobile App iOS/Mobile App Android)||No||Platform type of the site under which the given domain needs to be mapped.||Mobile App iOS|
|Site Code (optional)||No||This field is not currently in use and should be ignored.|
|App Name||No||Name of the mobile app on the app/play store. This value will be auto-populated by the system later using the app store URL.||PubMatic MyReports|
|App ID||No||App ID of the mobile app on the app/play store. This value will be auto-populated by the system later using the app store URL.||577809796|
|Bundle ID||No||Bundle ID of the mobile app on the app/play store. This value will be auto-populated by the system later using the app store URL.||com.pubmatic.iosapp|
|App IAB Category||No||IAB category of the mobile app on the app/play store. This value will be auto-populated by the system later using the app store URL.||Business|
What are the IAB Primary and Secondary Category IDs for an IAB-enabled publishers?
A complete list of IAB categories is available on the IAB website (in the 5.1 Content Categories section).
(Should this section be removed?) What are the PubMatic Primary and Secondary Categories for a Non-IAB publisher?
- Business and Finance
- Employment and Career
- Entertainment and Leisure
- Health and Fitness
- Home and Garden
- Men's Interest
- Parenting and Family
- Real Estate
- Food and Dining
- Social Networking
- Women's Interest