In a Private Marketplace - Guaranteed (PMP-G) deals, both publishers and buyers must agree on deal terms with the following recommended considerations:
- What is the budget?
- How many total impressions will be sent to the buyer?
- What is the agreed-upon discrepancy threshold?
- Example: This could be ~10% greater than the number of impressions that will be purchased to allow the DSP to decision and pass on bidding on some of those impressions, allowing for a small discrepancy.
- What are the accepted and expected ad sizes and format?
- Set up priority in the ad server.
- Set the line item at an appropriate priority level for PMP-Guaranteed (PubMatic suggests P1-P4).
- Set up targeting in the ad server (based on the agreed-upon metrics with the buyer).
- CPM, Pacing, Daily Impression Cap, Flight Dates, etc.
- Set up the PMP-Guaranteed Deal ID within the PubMatic UI.
- Associate the correct ad tag to the correct products to the correct Deal ID.
- Enter the correct CPM.
- Do not set any marketplace rules associated with this deal.
- Do not apply blocklists to the DSP, agency or advertiser.
- Do not set up any targeting. (All targeting should be set up within the ad server, not within PubMatic's platform.)
- Only include the correct and single DSP, agency and advertiser.
- Set up the PMP-Guaranteed Deal ID in the DSP console.
- If possible, configure the console to always bid and respond to every impression that comes from this particular deal.
- Enter the correct days and times that were agreed upon.
- Do not apply any targeting to criteria that would cause the personal system to not bid on an impression sent from the agreed upon deal ID.
- Bid and respond with a response that is equal to the agreed upon price.
- Respond with only approved creatives (advertiser approved).
- Send only creative ad formats and sizes that have been already been agreed upon.
- As a best practice, PubMatic suggests for the buyer to:
- Set up daily report showing bid requests, responses, impressions, CPM and revenue to share with your PubMatic Account Manager