PubMatic Audience Management tools provides publishers granular control on their data, with three primary capabilities:
- Data Sharing and Pricing
- Set data access control at admin and audience segment levels.
- Share data with specific publishers or buyers, and revoke sharing as needed.
- Set data price per segment and change as needed.
- Data Targeting
- Target 1st Party Data on ONLY owned inventory via PMP Deals.
- Widen reach by creating Targeted PMPs to target your data on any Publisher's inventory you choose.
- Provide data access to specific or all buyers, for a data fee, that allows buyers to target publisher data on any publisher inventory available on PubMatic.
- Real-time Reporting
- Learn who is targeting your data and where, and the total revenue it generated.
- Monitor data performance on PMP deals.
Managing audiences includes the following steps, with details provided below:
- Import First-Party Data
- Edit Segment Details, including Name, Description and Price
- Share Data with Publishers or Buyers
- Target Data
- Generate Real-Time Reports
1. Import First-Party Data
First-party data can imported from the following two types of sources. Contact your account manager to implement these source options.
- PubMatic is integrated with most major DMPs. For new integrations, please contact your account manager. Refer to the list of DMPs integrated with PubMatic for details.
- To import the data from an integrated DMP:
- Get a Data Provider Account ID (DP ID) from your PubMatic account manager
- Register the Audience Segments on PubMatic by providing your account manager a list of DMP Segment IDs and Segment names
- Share the DP ID with your DMP to send the data to PubMatic for the registered segments
- PubMatic is integrated with most major DMPs. For new integrations, please contact your account manager.
- Place a PubMatic pixel on your website to capture users immediately. Contact your account manager to obtain pixel information.
2. Edit Segment Details
After your first-party data has been imported, update the segment name, description and price.
- Select Audience | Audience Segments from the main navigation.
- Select Edit from the drop-down menu in the Actions column for the segment to be edited.
- Make the required edits and click Save.
3. Share Data with Publishers or Buyers
PubMatic takes data security very seriously and provides multiple levels of control to protect your data, while continuing to make it easy to leverage your data for monetization and inventory yield.
There are two levels of data sharing controls:
Share Permissions at the Audience Source
Access settings of the audience source determines the shareability of the audience segment. Contact your account manager to modify the settings according to the following:
- No Access (Default): segment sharing is disabled.NOTE: 'No Access' is the default level of access. To enable sharing, contact your account manager to change the default.
- Allow All: Segments are shareable with any buyer or publisher in PubMatic.
- Allow Publishers Only: buyers and DSPs are not available from the Share With drop-down.
- Allow Buyers Only: publishers are not available from the Share With drop-down.
Share Audience Segments with Buyers or Publishers
Sharing audience segments makes them available in PMP deals for publishers and targeted PMP for buyers. Data for shared segments also appears on audience discovery and insight reports.
- Click Manage List to display selection boxes.
- Select one or more segments.
- Click the Actions drop-down and activate, deactivate or add to shared.
- Activate: activates a deactivated segment so it can be used by publishers, buyers, and/or DSPs again (depending upon its assigned permissions).
- Deactivate: takes a segment out-of-play so it cannot be used by publsihers, buyers, or DSPs.
- Add to Shared: opens the Share With Audience dialog box if the permissions for the selected segments are compatible. If the permissions for your selections are incompatible for bulk processing, Add to Shared will be disabled. See Share With Audience below.
You can also Activate/Deactivate individual line items using the popup menu in the list's right-hand Action column.
Adjusting Sharing Permissions
- Follow the steps above to select Add to Shared.
- Click Select for a permission level to select specific publishers, buyers, and/or DSPs.
- Select options from the drop-down (e.g., Select Publishers) to open the picker.
- Select options from the list on the left and click Done.TIP: use the search box to quickly find specific publishers, buyers, or DSPs.Additional Picker Options:
- Use the Select All button to add all items in the left-hand list to the selected list on the right. You can also scroll through the list adding selected published to the right-hand list, and you can also filter the list by entering a publisher's name, or a portion of a name.
- Use the Clear All button to clear the right-hand list and start over, or the Cancel button to abandon your changes.
- Use the Done button to confirm your selections and close the the picker.
4. Target Data
To learn more about targeting data refer to the following documentation:
5. Generate Real-Time Reports
To learn more about generating real-time reports, refer to:
- Publishers: Use the Audience Insights report to track the performance of your audience data. To access this report, select Analytics | Audience Insights from the main navigation in the Publisher UI.
- Buyers: Use the Audience Discovery reports to discover publisher audience segments of interest to work directly with publishers or create Targeted PMPs. To access this report, select in the Media Buyer Console.