Phase 1: Solution design (1 day)
- Publisher completes the OpenWrap Integration Questionnaire
- Publisher reviews PubMatic's OpenWrap documentation and sends follow-up questions to PubMatic.
- Publisher reviews the demo page and identifies the appropriate API and tag for their production environment.
- JS hooks: OpenWrap Hooks for JS
- PubMatic reviews the updated questionnaire, Wrapper functionality, and set up details with the publisher and then outlines the project plan.
|Phase 2: Implement and test (2-3 days)|
|Inventory setup (sites & tags)||PubMatic|
- Publisher provides a list of ad unit sizes for bidder setup
- PubMatic sets up bidder per these guidelines: Account Setup Guide for Publishers (Sites & Ad Tags)
|Create Partner Profiles & Provide Partner Mapping Details||Publisher|
- PubMatic shares bidder-specific configuration template with the publisher
- Publisher connects with each bidder and obtains bid parameter details for respective bidder configuration
- Publisher shares the updated bidder-specific template with PubMatic for partner configuration, and PubMatic review the details to ensure no mismatches.
|Wrapper Profile Setup ||PubMatic|
- PubMatic reviews the profile configuration requirements with the publisher
- Publisher shares profile configuration values with PubMatic
- PubMatic prepares for profile setup based on Publisher’s input
|Ad server setup (order, line item, creative)|
- PubMatic shares the ad server configuration template with the publisher
- Publisher updates the ad server configuration template and sends it back to PubMatic
- Publisher (or PubMatic) creates the orders and line items in the ad server
|On-page setup & Integration Testing||PubMatic|
- Copy the wrapper tag to the test web page & provide test page to PubMatic.
- Ensure requests/responses are generated for each partner who is included across a given profile.
- Verify that key/value pairs are passed to the ad server call.
- Verify that ad server is responding with the winning creative and that the creative is rendered.
|Phase 3: Launch and ramp (2-3 days)|
- Copy wrapper tag to a live page and repeat the on-page setup & integration testing (from phase 2)
- Once verified, send test traffic of 100k impressions per day from a live web page
- Perform discrepancy checks between OpenWrap analytics and ad server data
- Repeat these steps for each property set up and launch
If using SafeFrames, see SafeFrames.
Ad Server Configuration
PMP & PMP-G support
Please refer to PMP-Guaranteed Implementation Guide for Publishers to understand how PubMatic supports PMP and PMP-G.
- Expandable creative will not work correctly after rendering inside of a SafeFrame on Safari, IE11/Edge.UAS does not support SafeFrame; only a GAM ad server supports SafeFrame.
Support for previous code build