- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
|Table of Contents|
Please note that PubMatic is unable to provide tax advice. Any tax-related information posted on this FAQ is not intended and should not be construed as tax, legal or investment advice. If you have questions about tax-related issues, please consult with a tax professional.
1. Who can I contact for questions on how to complete payment registration?
Tipalti has a number of standard FAQs that will assist you in completing the registration. If those FAQs and the FAQs here don’t answer your question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
2. Who is Tipalti?
We have upgraded to the partner payment provider, Tipalti. Tipalti is considered to be one of the world’s most powerful professional payment platforms and is designed to help improve your experience receiving payments from PubMatic.
3. How do I access the portal to complete the registration information?
You can register with Tipalti via the PubMatic UI. Once logged in under your Publisher account, you will be able to select “Payment Setting” in the upper right-hand corner, where you can complete your Payee registration information and payment details. If you don’t have access to the PubMatic UI, please reach out to your internal PubMatic account owner so they can assist as they should have access. The entire process to update your details should take less than 10 minutes.
4. Why Why am I receiving multiple requests to update details?
For some publishers, you will receive multiple e-mails from us if you have more than one account with us that we pay separately. Please kindly fill out the required information for each account separately to ensure payment for each account. Please note, that if you try to utilize the same e-mail address for multiple accounts, you may encounter an error as we need to have a single separate e-mail address for each account.
If you wish to combine accounts, please notify us at email@example.com with the accounts that you want combined and whether you want statement combined or just payment combined and from what month’s activity. We can then map the accounts based on your request.
5. Do I need to complete the entire registration process in one instance?
There are three sections to complete for the payment registration.
For each section, once you click next, the information is automatically saved so you can complete each section at different times. For the address section, there is address validation, so after you click next, you may need to scroll up to the top of the screen to accept the address before moving forward.
6. What to do if your Beneficiary Bank Name for payment does not match Company Name?
Tipalti only permits payments to be made to either “Name” or “Company”. However, there may be reasons that you have a Beneficiary Name on your bank account that differs from your Company Name. If this is the case, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request and rationale for different name and we will enable a setting to permit you to input a Beneficiary Bank Account Name that differs from Company Name.
7. What do I do if my bank account is another country than my company address?
When you are completing step one of the registration process under address, please select at the bottom a different Payment Country as shown in the screen shot. If this section is not available, please contact us at email@example.com so we can activate this on your account.
8. Why do I have to complete tax forms in order to receive payment?
The US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires us to obtain tax forms. Although we may have received them in the past or even very recently, we need to obtain them again given the new system. We will not be able to remit payment any longer without a completed tax form. We are not able to make any exceptions to us.
9. Which tax form should I complete?
There is a wizard that will assist you with determining which tax form to complete. We expect our US based publishers to complete a W-9 and our publishers based outside of the US to complete a W-8BEN-E.
10. How do I complete a W-8BEN-E?
There are various screens to complete:
- Part 1 (Identification of Beneficial Owner): Complete name and address information.
- Part 1 (Identification of Beneficial Owner (Continued)): Input your Foreign Tax Number provided by your country. It is not expected that you will have a US Tax Number.
- Part 2: (Claim of Treaty Benefits): Complete the questions and also select claim special rates and conditions to certify 0% withholding if appropriate.
- Review: Review the information for accuracy.
- Part 3 (Certification): Check all the boxes to confirm. Please note Line 1= Name of Organization
11. What should I do if I am not permitted to complete tax form electronically?
The best case is to complete the tax form electronically to ensure accuracy and timely payment, but we understand some Publishers might not be permitted to complete electronically. If that is the case, please send us your completed tax form to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review and update your account with that detail.
The forms can be downloaded here:
12. What should I do if I need to update my address or bank information after I completed the registration?
You can simply log back into our PubMatic UI and update that information which will immediately be updated. For some address changes, it may invalidate your bank and tax forms, but you will be alerted in advance. If this does invalidate that information, you can simply update your information again.