For a full list of definitions for time presets, dimensions, and metrics for programmatic and wrapper reports, refer to the Reporting glossary.
Building a report
- From the main navigation menu, select Analytics > Report Builder.
- Select Programmatic or Wrapper.
- Select the Time period for your report. If you want to do a time comparison, select Custom and choose the dates in the modal. See Time Comparison Reports for more information.
Select up to ten Dimensions and ten Metrics. Some things to know before making your selections:
You can select up to ten dimensions, but only five will display data in the report. Dimensions can also be used as filters. This is useful if you don't want to view data for a dimension in a report, but want to use it to filter the values of other dimensions.
- For a description of dimensions and metrics, hover over the i icon.
- When you select an item, it's added to the Selected panel on the right side of the page. To remove a selection, click the X to the right of the item name.
- If a dimension or metric is greyed out, it's because it conflicts with another selected item(s). Hover over the ! icon to the right of the item name to find out what's conflicting. If you want to remove the conflict and add the item, select click here in the modal.
- If you want to add filters, click Select Filters at the bottom of the page (this is optional).
- You can Show the Top or Bottom 10, 25, 50 or 100 dimensions by one of the metrics you've selected. Click the metric to select a different metric.
- Hover over the grey funnel icon and then click Use as a Filter.
- Click Generate Report. It may take a few seconds for the report to display.
- If you want to save this report parameters for future use, click Save.
- If you saved this report and want to view it in the future, go to the main navigation menu and select Analytics > Existing Reports > click the Custom tab.
Why a dimension reports as "Other"
The dimensions listed below will report results as "Other" in reporting if the value does not meet the associated threshold for that week. If the dimension value begins reporting more than the threshold revenue for the week, it will then be reported individually (with specific results) starting the following week.
|Ad Tag Dimension||Revenue per week|
This table provides a description for all reporting dimensions. See wrapper dimensions below.
Type of ad associated with the impression. For example, video, display.
Size of ad associated with the impression.
Ad Network (Group)
Name of the parent ad network which monetized the impression.
Note: This dimension can be combined only with the following dimensions - Ad Format, Ad Size, Ad Network (Variant), Category, Ad Tag, Fold Position (Placement), Secure Status, Site, Date and Hour.
Ad Network (Variant)
Name of the ad network's campaign which monetized the impression.
Note: This dimension can be combined only with the following dimensions - Ad Format, Ad Size, Ad Network (Group), Category, Ad Tag, Fold Position (Placement), Secure Status, Site, Date and Hour.
Name of the advertiser associated with the ad.
Domain Name (web address) of the Advertiser. These domains are identified by the landing page of the impression displayed.
Name of the ATD, agency or buyer associated with the DSP who won the impression.
Note: For non-zero bids, you need to select the NonZero Bids Received bid matrics rather than NonZero Bids Response metrics.
Name of the RTB campaign which won the impression.
Category of the advertiser associated with the ad.
Note: Both PubMatic categories and IAB categories will be displayed. PubMatic categories will be prefixed with pm. Example, pm_<categoryName>, pm_fashion.
Name of the DSP that won the impression.
Name of the Marketplace deal that won the impression.
Note: This dimension can be combined only with the following dimensions - Ad Format, Ad Size, Advertiser, Buyer, Category, DSP, Platform, Site, Date and Hour.
Name of the ad tag using which an impression was requested.
Indicates whether the DSP's cookies were dropped or not when an impression was requested.
Fold Position (Placement)
Fold placement associated with the ad tag from which an impression was requested.
Indicates whether the inventory is secure or not.
URL of the site from which an impression was requested.
Category of the site from which an impression was requested.
Sales channel through which the impression was won. For example, PMP, RTB
Platform through which an impression was requested. For example, Web, Mobile Web.
Country from which an impression was requested.
Date (in the YYYY-MM-DD format) on which an impression was requested.
Time (in the 24-hour HH format) at which an impression was received. This dimension can only be used for records generated in the last 48 hours.
Month (YYYY-MM-format) at which an impression was received.
Mobile - Device ID Present
Indicates whether the user's device ID is present or not in the impression requests.
Mobile - Device ID Type
Type of device ID used by the visitor to generate an impression request.
Mobile - Device Type
Type of device used by the visitor to generate an impression request.
Mobile - Geo Source
Source using which the geographical location of the visitor has been provided.
Mobile - Lat/Long
Indicates whether the latitude/longitude details of the visitor have been included in the impression request or not.
This table provides a description for all wrapper dimensions. See programmatic dimensions above.