PubMatic provides buyers and PubMatic Audience Encore partners a real-time planning tool to quickly create PMP deals at scale. Buyers can quickly and easily find and transact on quality inventory that will reach targeted audiences across publishers. Publishers can benefit from deeper insights into which inventory is valuable to the buyer and streamlined workflow efficiencies.
Click a question to go to the answer:
What are the publisher benefits of Auction Packages?
PubMatic is dedicated to helping our publishers maximize monetization opportunities. Auction Packages enable the building of new publisher-first data audiences and creates new revenue and markets for this data. We designed Auction Packages with the following publisher benefits in mind:
- Streamlined Workflow Efficiencies: Publishers can enjoy higher eCPMs and fill rates, free from time-consuming negotiations with buyers. Since Auction Packages are self-service tools for buyers and PubMatic Audience Encore partners, publishers will no longer waste time and resources designing PMP offers buyers will not accept. Furthermore, we anticipate a reduction in PMP errors through Auction Package troubleshooting.
- Deeper Insights Into Buyer Behavior: Publishers enjoy deeper insights and greater transparency (e.g. audiences/contextual/viewability metrics) into what buyers are targeting on publisher sites. This is not available on Open Exchange, as DSPs do not share this information.
What are Auction Packages designed to solve?
Creating/targeting PMP deals can be time-consuming, and this is compounded by slow-moving buyer negotiations with each publisher. Additionally, misaligned PMP set-ups and mistaken Deal IDs are increasingly an industry-wide pain-point with the mainstream growth of PMPs.
While standard PMPs enable targeting of Audience Data, Auction Packages streamline this process. When audiences are targeted as part of a publisher’s PMP deal, there is a lack of scale to make it useful. Typically, buyers must create multiple deals per publisher and then target an audience from a DSP. Auction Packages will simplify this process.
What are owners of Auction Packages?
Auction Package deals can be created by buyers (DSPs, agencies, and advertisers) directly or by PubMatic Audience Encore partners on behalf of buyers. PubMatic Audience Encore partners, such as Audigent and Lotame, offer their data to buyers on top of the media from the PubMatic platform to drive optimization. Audience Encore partners use the PubMatic buy-side platform to create Auction Package deals for the buyers they work with.
- For Auction Package deals created by PubMatic Audience Encore partners, deal-level data is available only in the Audience Encore Audience Package Deal Report. This report is located in Analytics > Existing Reports.
- For Audience Package deals created by buyers, you can see the deal-level data in addition to all other deal reports. Owner is a filter that allows you to easily determine which Audience Package deals are from Audience Encore partners vs. buyers.
What control do publishers have over Auction Packages?
Auction Package deals are created by buyers, and publishers can view and pause any deal. Publishers can also disable this functionality, by contacting their account managers.
Will buyers have access to exclusive inventory, priority, or price without consent from the publisher?
No. Auction Packages only allows access to the inventory that is already available in Open Exchange to the DSP.
Open Exchange rules set on the PubMatic platform, including floor, priority, blocklist, and allowlist, will be applied.
What is the floor price on the deal?
A default floor of $0.5 is set at the publisher level. Dynamic floors sent in the ad requests and floors in RTB rules are respected. The highest floor among default floor, dynamic floor and RTB rule floor is sent to the buyers in the bid requests. Contact your account manager if you want to set a different default floor.
How do publishers sign up for Auction Packages?
All eligible publishers are enabled on this solution with no additional work on their part, and publishers can disable at any time. Publishers can disable Auction Packages by contacting their PubMatic account manager.
What makes a publisher eligible for Auction Packages?
Publishers must meet the following setup criteria:
- Simplified Priority-Enabled (P1-P16)
What happens if the wrapper solution does not support PMP, such as Amazon TAM?
Since the bid response from Auction Packages competes with other Open Exchange bid responses, Auction Packages are not affected. If a wrapper solution, such as Amazon TAM, does not support PMP, it will not support passing the deal ID to the publisher ad server, which is irrelevant to Auction Packages.
How are Auction Package deals priced?
Auction Package deals are billed at the PMP rates for revenue share PubMatic has for publishers upon delivery—not the Open Market revenue share rate. This can mean higher revenue for publishers as PMP rates are generally higher revenue share than Open Market.
Why would buyers create an Auction Package instead of targeting inventory on the Open Exchange from the DSP?
Many buyers have confirmed that they will use Auction Packages for the following use cases:
- Access to Unique Data: Buyers will have access to Publisher’s 1st Party data, where the publisher wants to monetize their data outside their media. They will also have access to PubMatic’s High-Value audiences and Shopper audiences.
- Curate Clean Supply Against Own Data: Buyers can control which publishers they want to target on PMP—against their data—and ensure there is enough scale before the campaign starts. This should optimize campaign performance. This will also allow buyers to maintain lower infrastructure costs while getting all the impression opportunities for the users they care about.
- More Control: Buyers can create a deal with customized targeting settings across multiple publishers for more control and predictable results
How do I identify if a deal is created through Auction Packages?
- Select Transactions > Deals
- Choose "Auction Packages" Type
- Choose the Owner filter to show Targeted PMP deals from Buyers vs. Audience Encore partners.
Where can I find more information about Auction Packages?
Don't hesitate to contact your account manager if you have questions or need more information.