The PubMatic Media Buyer Console's (MBC) Tools menu provides a complete set of options to create, delete, and manage blocklists and allowlists for your web domains and apps.
- Log into MBC with your account credentials. Contact your PubMatic account manager if you need assistance.
- From the Tools menu select, Domains/Apps Blocklist
Manage domains/apps blocklists/allowlists
The Domains/Apps page lets you manage the blocklist/allowlists for your campaigns. The Blocklist & Allowlist tab lists your campaigns and their associated blocklists/allowists for your domains and apps. The page provides several options to manage your campaigns and upload/download your new/changed blocklists and allowlists.
On the Blocklist & Allowlist tab of the Domains/App screen, use the:
- Find field at the top-left to search for blocklists/allowlists.
- Show drop-down list to change the number of entries displayed on each page of results.
- Page field to jump to a specific page number.
- < > buttons to page forward/back through the results pages.
- Column headings to sort the table columns in ascending/descending order.
- Left-column checkboxes to select and perform operations on multiple rows.
- ⋮ actions menu to Download Blocklist/Allowlist (CSV) files.
- Campaign Name link to change the doman/app list mode for a campaign (see Change blocklisted/allowlisted domain/app list modes below).
- Upload list dropdown (upper-right), to upload blocklist (CSV) files (see below).
Upload blocklist/allowlist data
Use the steps below to upload data to your blocklists/allowlists:
Choose the type of list you want to upload from the Upload list dropdown:
If you need to upload an allowlist…
The user interface in the following steps uses a blocklist, but the process is the same for an allowlist.
When the Upload panel opens, press Select File to select a CSV file containing the domains you've added to your list (up to 10,000 URLs), then press Upload.
If you need to create a new blocklist/allowlist…
Use the Download Template button to download a CSV file that you can open and edit in your favorite worksheet app. You'll find three required columns to populate, similar to the example below:
When you've completed your data entry, export the file as a CSV, then upload the file as described in step 2 above.
After your CSV list uploads, MBC verifies the results then lists the number of entries in the Processed column similar to the image in step 2 above. The Failed column indicates whether the file contains errors, so you can correct it and re-upload.
- When the Status column displays, Complete, you can press Close to dismiss the Upload panel.
Change domain/app blocklist/allowlist mode
The two right-hand columns of the Blocklist & Allowlist tab display the campaign's Domain/App Mode for the campaign's blocklist/allowlist. Select a campaign title in the Campaign Name column to open the list mode editor dialog.
In the list mode editor dialog, you can View Blocklist/Allowlist, change the list mode for domain/app, or disable a list entirely:
Mode settings affect the behavior of the campaign like so:
- Off - domain/app blocklist/allowlist is disabled; MBC ignores uploaded lists.
- Blocklist - domain/app is in blocklist mode; MBC ignores allowlist items.
- Allowlist - domain/app is in allowlist mode; MBC ignores blocklist items.
View details of blocklisted/allowlisted domains/apps
The Blocklisted Domains/Apps and the Allowlisted Domains/Apps tabs show details for each of your campaigns. If the number of tracked domains/apps for a campaign is greater than zero, then you can use the Blocklisted Domains/Apps tab to manage specific campaigns as shown below.
This section lets you:
- Search By Domain/App through the list that can contain up to 10,000 entries.
- Filter to view all platforms, or by one of the four platform types: Web, Mobile Web, Mobile App iOS, or Mobile App Android.
- Use the Delete… option in the ⋮ actions menu to remove an entry from the Domain's/App's list
- Use the Download Global Blocklist button (upper-right of screen), to download the global blocklist containing all of the blocklisted/allowlisted domains/apps for your campaigns.