Creating a New Site
Sites are created in the system for reporting purposes. The ability to add different sites enables you to receive much more granular reports for your account.
- Select Inventory > Sites & Tags.
- Select Add a Site/App.
Enter details such as site domain, site identifier (custom name you can give to the site), vertical, estimated ad impressions, etc.
About COPPA Compliance
The United States Federal Trade Commission has changed the compliance rules for the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), effective July 1, 2013. The proposal effects websites and applications that have been identified as: (1) directed to users under 13 years of age; or (2) collecting information from users actually known to be under 13 (collectively “Children’s Sites”).
For an impression meeting any one of the above-mentioned criteria, the COPPA field must be selected.
The FTC has written a comprehensive FAQ on complying with COPPA at http://business.ftc.gov/documents/Complying-with-COPPA-Frequently-Asked-Questions.
- Select Save Site or Save and Add Another Site (to save this and open a new form to complete for another site).
Creating an Ad Tag
- Select Inventory > Sites & Tags.
- Select Create Ad Tag.
- Select the site for which the ad tag will be applied.
Enter the Format Type and Response Code.
- Complete Ad Slot Preferences:
- Ad Placement: Select the placement of the ad relative to the page (Top, Bottom, Middle, Left or Right of Page).
- Fold Placement: Select the placement of the ad relative to the fold (Above the Fold (ATF), Below the Fold (BTF), or Partially above the Fold).
- Expansion: Select the direction the ad will expand (Up, Down, Left or Right).
Add a passback by either using Select Existing Placement and selecting from the list or to add a new passback, choose Provide Passback Script. The PubMatic system will automatically recommend an ad tag name, however, this can be customized as needed.
Every tag requires a passback…
Downloading Ad Tags
To download ad tags, select each in the left-hand column, then choose Download Selected Tag Codes. If more than one tag is selected, all will be placed in the same .txt file that downloads to your local drive.
If the kadGdpr or gdpr field is set to 1, then it indicates that the given impression must be subjected to the GDPR compliance process. If set to 0, then the given impression is not GDPR compliant and will be processed as usual.
The kadGdprConsent and gdpr_consent fields should contain the visitor’s GDPR consent data; that is, whether they have provided their consent for being targeted or not.
Ad Network Addition & Mapping
If you are working with an Ad Network, use these instructions to add them to the PubMatic system.
- Select Inventory > Ad Networks and Placements from the main navigation.
- Select Link Ad Network.
- Select Filters to expand the section, enter the name of your Ad Network in the Find box and choose Go to search for it.
- Once the Ad Network is located choose, .
- Complete the Add Placement details and edit the auto-populated name, if required, and choose Save Placement or Save and Add Another Placement .
Mapping Ad Network Placements to an Ad Tag
- Select Inventory > Sites & Tags from the main navigation.
- Select the Ad Tags tab and select the Ad Tag you want to map to a placement.
- Select Edit Ad Network Mapping.
- Select Select Ad Networks.
- Select the desired Ad Network. Then select the Placement it is associated with and choose Save.
(The placement should be added to the list of mapped placements.)
- Select Save. The Ad Network Placement is now successfully mapped to the Ad Tag.
The process to add passback tags is similar to adding Ad Network tags. There are two ways to add passbacks:
- Add a passback from the Ad Tag editing screen.
- Add a passback Ad Network variant followed by the passback tags as placements. You can further map those placements to the respective ad tags.
Brand Control: Blocklist Manager
Blocklist Manager helps you avoid the display of unwanted creative to your visitors by blocking the advertiser, advertiser category, domain URL and/or creative attributes. Blocklist Manager enables you to view the domain URLs for an advertiser and block/unblock accordingly.
For instructions and best practices for using Blocklist Manager, refer to the following documentation in the Quality Controls section of the community:
- Blocking an Advertiser, Category or Domain
- Blocking & Managing URLs Using Keywords
- Blocking a Domain URL
- Exporting a Blocklist Report
- Schedule Delivery of a Blocklist Report
- Blocklist Alerts
The Whitelist Manager enables the display of specific creative to visitors by whitelisting URLs, advertisers or advertiser categories. The Whitelist Manager displays the advertiser URL for you to enable or disable for whitelisting. This process facilitates a safe and time-saving whitelisting of URLs within the PubMatic interface.
The Whitelisting feature must be enabled on your account. If you would like to enable whitelisting for your account, contact your Customer Success Manager or Customer Success Operations Manager.
Using the Whitelisting Feature, you can:
- Whitelist domain URL, advertiser, or advertiser category for all sites or select just a single, specific site.
- View available domain URLs for whitelisting and can enable/disable the whitelist as needed. Note: if you disable the whitelist for a website, the blocklist configuration will be applicable for your inventory.
- View, schedule, download and email whitelisted advertiser categories, advertiser and domain URLs for all or any specific sites.