About Targeted PMP
PubMatic Targeted PMP provides buyers with a seamless real-time planning tool to quickly create PMP deals at scale and offers many benefits, including:
- Ease of Use: Buyers can easily ingest data, target preferred publishers, and create PMP deals.
- Scaling PMP: Refine deals with numerous targeting criteria, such as by audience, and across multiple publishers from an intuitive UI.
- Real-time Planning: Forecast the reach and impressions of your PMP campaign - in real-time - during deal creation.
- In the Media Buyer Console, select Deals > Deals from the main navigation.
- Click Create Targeted Deal.
- Complete the deal details using the guidelines below.
Enter the deal name, transaction dates (select an end date or select Ongoing), and DSPs or Buyers for this deal.
Enter the targeting criteria for the deal using the guidelines below.
Customize the inventory targeting for your deal.
There are three options for selecting publishers for your deal:
Publishers included in Targeted PMP deals must meet the following criteria in the PubMatic system:
- Account is PMP-enabled
- Using Simplified Priority (P16)
Option 1: Maximum Reach (recommended)
This option will get the greatest number of impressions, based on historical data, for your deal. As the deal continues to run, the system will update the publishers to only include the optimized publishers with the highest reach. A list of publishers that match the selected targeting and buyer criteria will appear in a summary at the bottom of the deal details only after a newly-created deal is saved.
- Select Maximize Reach.
Select the number of publishers you want to include in this deal. You can select a maximum of 200 publishers.
- Set the Auto-update toggle to Yes if you want PubMatic to automatically add new optimized publishers when you've deleted publishers.
- Add publishers to a blocklist one of two ways:
- Click Upload > Download Publishers List. Edit the file and then click Select File to upload it.
- Click Select and select publishers from the drop-down list.
Option 2: Bulk Upload Publishers
- Click Upload.
- Click Download Publishers List to download a CSV file of the available publishers and Pub IDs.
- Remove the publishers you don't want to include and then save your changes.
- Click Select File to upload the CSV file.
Option 3: Select Publishers from the List
- Click Select.
Select the publishers you want to include. Use the X to the right of a selected publisher to remove it from the list or select Clear All to remove all publishers from the list.
- Click Done. The Summary will update to display your selections.
Real-time inventory summary
When you create a T-PMP deal, the system now shows you the deal's publishers in real-time. Key functions:
Block publishers - You can block publishers for a deal when you choose Maximize Reach (see above screenshot). The system will automatically add a new publisher when you block a publisher.
Remove publishers - If you choose Upload or Select (see above screenshot), you can now remove any from the Inventory Summary.
Default floor - The system shows the default floor set by each publisher, which helps you determine your bidding strategy.
Default priority - The system show s the priority set by each publisher .
Select the Ad Formats you want to target in this deal:
Banner and Native
Native cannot be selected separately from Banner, however, if only Native creatives are added, then only Native inventory will be targeted.
When Banner and Native and Video are both selected, detailed video targeting is unavailable. This is because further detailed video targeting settings would negatively limit banner and native inventory. For additional video targeting, either deselect Banner and Native or create separate deals for both ad formats
- Select Video ad formats.
- Select Video in the left panel to select detailed video targeting attributes (see descriptions below).
- In-Stream: played before (pre-roll), during (mid-roll), or after (post-roll) the streaming video content that the consumer has requested.
- In-Article: loads and plays dynamically between paragraphs of editorial content; existing as a standalone branded message.
- In-Banner: exists within a web banner that leverages the banner space to deliver a video experience as opposed to another static or rich media format.
- In-Feed: found in content, social, or product feeds.
- Interstitial/Slider/Floating: covers the entire or a portion of the screen area, but is always on the screen while displayed, i.e., it cannot be scrolled out of view.
Video Ad Formats:
- Linear: indicates the video ad which runs before, between, or after the video content is viewed by the publisher.
- Non-Linear: indicates the video ad which runs parallel to the video content so the publisher still has the option of viewing the content.
- Pre-roll: video ad that appears before the video content displays.
- In-roll: video ad that appears in the middle of the video content.
- Post-roll: video ad that appears after the video content completes.
Playback Method: Describes the conditions in which the video/audio plays.
- Auto-play sound off
- Auto-play sound on
Skippable: Yes, No, Any
Skip Delay: Enter number of seconds
Skip Delay Override: Enter number of seconds
Player Size: All, Small, Medium, Large
Select the platform targeting options for this deal.
- Mobile Web
- Mobile App iOS
- Mobile App Android
When you select a mobile platform or CTV, you can then select Mobile in the left panel to access detailed mobile targeting attributes (see descriptions below).
Latitude/Longitude: Enabled or Disabled
Device Id Type: All or select specific device type(s) from the drop-down list.
Mobile OS: All or select a specific mobile operating system(s) from the drop-down list.
Browsers: All or select a specific browser(s) from the drop-down list.
Search one or more geographic areas (region, country, city, or designated market area) from the list you are interested in targeting for this deal. Selected areas will appear in the Summary to the right.
Audience selection can include a buyer's first-party data, publisher's first-party data, and PubMatic data. Filter the list by the desired providers you want to include. Select one or more audiences you want to target in this deal from the list. Selected segments will appear in the Summary panel on the right. Use the "X" to remove a selected audience.
Viewability targeting allows you to create deals that target only impressions that meet a minimum level of predicted viewability. For example, if you want to target impressions that are at least 80% likely to be viewable, select 80% or greater from the drop-down list. Included Viewability appears in the Summary panel on the right.
Viewability thresholds are predicted based on historical data provided by our viewability partners, Moat and Pixelate. We're integrated with Moat to measure video ads and Pixelate to measure banner ads in both web and app environments. It's important to remember that viewability thresholds are not a guarantee of viewability.
Banner ads are fully supported in both web and app environments; video ads are supported in web environment and certain apps. For a video ads in-app environment, you should target the deal to the apps supported for viewability.
Keep in mind that deals with a higher viewability threshold will result in fewer matches. To increase your match rate, try lowering the viewability threshold. You can adjust this setting at any time.
Real-time impression availability
As targeting selections are made, Impression availability will update in real-time on the right-hand side of the screen.
Max Total Available Impressions refers to the number of ad requests PubMatic has received from publishers in the last 30 days.
- Data is not available at the DMA, Region or City level.
- More than one audience segment may be selected, but the number of impressions available might be inflated due to duplicate impressions across audiences.
To get impression avails for individual audiences, click on show data:
Save and create the deal
Click Create Deal when all selections have been made. If the Create Deal button is grey, that means a mandatory field is not entered.
To edit, activate, or deactivate a targeted PMP, see Viewing & Editing Targeted PMPs in the Media Buyer Console (MBC).