About Targeted PMP
PubMatic Targeted PMP provides buyers with a seamless real-time planning tool to quickly create PMP deals at scale, and offers many benefits, including:
- Ease of Use: Buyers can easily ingest data, discover inventory, target preferred publishers, and create PMP deals.
- Optimized Inventory: Discover which inventory (domains, categories, ad formats, platforms) is best suited to which audiences and tailor relevant deals to the segments.
- Scaling PMP: Refine deals with numerous targeting criteria, such as by audience, and across multiple publishers from an intuitive UI.
- Real-time Planning: Forecast the reach and impressions of your PMP campaign - in real time - during deal creation.
Creating a Targeted PMP
Follow the steps below or watch the How to create a Targeted PMP video to get started.
- Enter Media Buying Console and Click Create Targeted Deal
- Enter Deal Information
- Select Targeting using guidelines below
- Review Impression availability, updated in Real-Time
- Create Deal
Enter the Deal Name, Transaction Dates an DSPs or Buyers for this deal.
- Ad Format
Inventory > Publishers
Up to 20 publishers can be selected, using the below options:
- Select/deselect individual publishers from the drop-down list
- Use the bulk upload CSV template
Publishers included in Targeted PMP deals must meet the following criteria in the PubMatic system:
- Account is PMP-Enabled
- Using Simplified Priority (P16)
- Not using Unified Ad Server
Option 1: Select Publishers from the List
Select the Publishers drop-down menu and click to select individual publishers from the list on the left. Use the "X" to the right of a selected publisher to remove it from the list or select Clear All to remove all publishers from the list.
- Click Done. The Summary will update with selections.
Option 2: Bulk Uploading Publishers
- Click the Download CSV template to download a list of available publishers and PubIDs to update.
- Remove the publishers you don't want to include from the downloaded CSV file and save your changes.
- In the Inventory Targeting section, click Upload File.
Inventory > Ad Formats
Select the Ad Formats (Banner and Native, Video) that will be targeted in this deal:
Banner and Native
- Native cannot be selected separately from Banner, however, if only Native creatives are added, then only Native inventory will be targeted.
- When Video is selected without selecting Banner and Native, additional video targeting options are available for selection from the left panel.
- Select Video in the left Targeting panel to select detailed video targeting attributes (descriptions below).
Video Ad Formats:
- Linear: Indicates the video ad which runs before, between, or after the video content is viewed by the publisher.
- Non-Linear: Indicates the video ad which runs parallel to the video content so the publisher still has the option of viewing the content.
- Pre-roll: Video ad that appears before the video content displays.
- In-roll: Video ad that appears in the middle of the video content.
- Post-roll: Video ad that appears after the video content completes.
Playback Method: Describes the conditions in which the video/audio plays.
- Auto-play sound off
- Auto-play sound on
Skippable: Yes, No, Any
Skip Delay: Enter number of seconds
Skip Delay Override: Enter number of seconds
Players Size: All, Small, Medium, Large
Inventory > Platforms
Select the platform targeting options for this deal.
- Mobile Web
- Mobile App iOS
- Mobile App Android
When any mobile platforms are selected without selecting Desktop, additional mobile targeting options are available for selection from the left panel. Select Mobile in the left Targeting panel to select detailed mobile targeting attributes (descriptions below).
Device Id Type: All, or select specific device type(s)
Mobile OS: All, or select specific mobile operating system(s)
Browsers: All, or select specific browser(s)
Search one or more geographic areas (region, country, city, or designated market area) from the list you are interested in targeting for this deal. Selected areas will appear in the Summary to the right. Use the "X" to remove a selected geographic area.
The selection can include Buyer first-party data, Publisher first-party data and PubMatic data. Filter the list by the desired providers you want to include. Select one or more audiences you want to target in this deal from the list. Selected areas will appear in the Summary to the right. Use the "X" to remove a selected audience.
NOTE: The PubMatic Data is global. We recommend you add Geo targeting, if you want to target users of a specific country.
Impression Availability in Real-Time
As targeting selections are made, Impression availability will update in real-time, on the right hand side of the screen.
'Impressions Available' equals the number of ad requests PubMatic has received from Publishers in the last 30 days.
- Data is not available at the DMA, Region or City level
- More than one audience segment may be selected, however the number of impressions available may be inflated due to duplicate impressions across audiences.
To get impression avails for individual audiences, click on "Show Data":
The Summary section shows all available inventory that matches the selected targeting and buyer criteria and selected filters (above the Summary table).
- Use the Find box to locate specific publishers.
- Use the filter menus to filter the summary to include specific platforms and ad formats, and whether to display all publishers or only publishers that match the targeting and buyer criteria selections.
- To remove unwanted inventory from the deal, click Remove next to each you want to remove. To add inventory that does is not part of this deal, click Add.
Click Create Deal when all selections have been made.
Parent & Child Deals
When a buyer creates a Targeted PMP in MBC with more than one publisher, "child deals" are created for each publisher. All child deals can be transacted from a single Deal ID, while each child deal is given a separate deal name. Any status changes or detailed edits made to the deal at the parent level are applied to its child deals. Status changes (pause or resume) can also be made at an individual child level and they will not impact other child deals or the parent deal.
Edit, Activate or Deactivate a Targeted PMP
Refer to Viewing & Editing Targeted PMPs in the Media Buyer Console (MBC) to learn more.