About Decision Manager
Using the Decision Manager (DM) Configuration, you can set up Decision Manager (DM) and manage its configuration settings. Below are the high level steps that are accomplished using the Decision Manager configuration UI:
- Integrating with the publisher's ad server so that PubMatic can retrieve the data required by Decision Manager.
- Placement mapping which allows to map the ad units/placements defined in the ad server with PubMatic sites. This is again a pre-requisite for Decision Manager.
- View the Decision Manager's settings: Allows you to set the revenue lift % that DM needs to provide above the competing guaranteed campaigns. You can also set the OSI (On-schedule Indicator) rule settings that decide when Decision Manager should recommend serving RTB/PMP above the competing campaigns.
- Decision Manager's line items to be created in the ad server: Specifies the DM line items that need to be created in the ad server.
To navigate to Decision Manager Configuration, select Inventory & Rules | Header Tags from the main navigating menu.
Configuring Placement Mapping
Use Placement Mapping settings to configure your ad server and enable your sites for DM.
Configuring your ad server for DFP
- Select Inventory | Header Tags from the main navigating menu.
- On the Placement Mapping screen, select the Click Here link to create a new configuration or click the edit icon next to the ad server title to edit an existing ad server. In the Ad Server drop-down list, select the ad server which you are using. For example, DFP Premium and DFP Small Business.
- Specify your Google account's user name in the Gmail Authentication field, and click the Sign in with Google button. A popup window is displayed.
- Specify your password and sign in to your Google account.
- Specify your unique network ID in the Network Id field and click the Save Settings button. Network ID is a unique identifier allocated by DFP to identify the publisher's account in the Google network.
- The PubMatic system then connects to your Google account and retrieves the details required for the DM configuration.
Configuring your ad server for ADTECH
- Select Inventory | Header Tags from the main navigating menu.
- On the Placement Mapping screen, select the Click Here link. The Integrate new Ad Server popup window is displayed.
- On the Placement Mapping screen, select the Click Here link to create a new configuration or click the edit icon next to the ad server title to edit an existing ad server. In the Ad Server drop-down list, select the ad server which you are using. For example, ADTECH-EU (for European account) and ADTECH-US (for US account).
- Specify the API Username and Password provided for your ADTECH account.
- Specify your unique network ID in the Network Id field. Network ID is a unique identifier allocated by ADTECH to identify the publisher's account in the ADTECH network.
- Click the Browse button and then locate the clientconf.xml file.
Click the Upload button to upload the clientconf.xml file.Note: You can upload only one file at a time.
- Click the Save Settings button. The PubMatic system then connects to your ADTECH account and retrieves the details required for the DM configuration.
Enabling your sites for Decision Manager
Once you have configured your ad server on the Placement Mapping screen, you can configure and enable DM for your sites. This screen displays a list of sites for which you have enabled RTB and API in the PubMatic system.
To search for a specific site, type its name in the Search Sites text box. The screen refreshes instantly and displays a list of sites matching the search criteria.
The screen displays the following details for each site:
Column Description Qualified Sites Displays the URL of the site which qualifies for enabling DM, that is, site for which RTB and API has been enabled. Ad Size Displays the number of ad sizes configured for the given site.
Click the number to view the list of these ad sizes in a popup window.
Ad Units Displays the number of ad units configured for the given site in your ad server. Baseline Price ($)
Displays the minimum eCPM which you want DM to provide for the given site for all its impressions.
Click the icon to modify this eCPM value.
Click one of the following buttons to enable or disable DM for the given site. Possible options are:
- Indicates that DM is enabled for the given site.
- Indicates that DM is disabled for the given site.
Click the Edit link for the given site to map the ad units in your ad server to this site in the PubMatic system.
The Ad unit Mapping popup window is displayed with the following details:
- The ad units on the left indicate those existing in your ad server.
- The icon suffixed to an ad unit indicates that the given ad unit is already mapped to another site and cannot be mapped to the given site.
- The icon suffixed to an ad unit indicates that the given ad unit is already mapped to the given site.
- The icon suffixed to an ad unit indicates that the given ad unit is a parent and has multiple child ad units. Clicking such an ad unit displays the list of its child ad units. To return back to the parent ad unit, click either the Back link or the icon or the name of the parent ad unit next to it.
- The icon suffixed to an ad unit indicates that certain child ad units of the given ad unit are already mapped to another site.
- To search for an ad unit, use the search boxes above the list boxes.
- Click the icon corresponding to an ad unit to add it to the given site.
- Click the icon corresponding to an ad unit in the right list box to remove it from the given site.
- Once you have mapped the required ad units, click the Save button to save the configuration.
- Click the Next button at the bottom of the screen to go the General Settings screen.
Configure General Settings
These settings enable you to configure minimum lift required above competing campaigns and when RTB should serve ahead of competing campaigns.
|Minimum lift required above competing campaigns||Type the minimum lift (in percentage) the DM's winning bid's eCPM should provide above your ad server's competing campaigns' eCPMs to win the impression.|
|When would RTB serve ahead of competing campaigns|
Click the Edit button to specify the DM line items' pacing as compared to that of the competing guaranteed campaigns in your ad server using On-schedule Indicator (OSI). OSI indicates whether a campaign is on track for its completion within its time interval or not. OSI=100% denotes that the campaign has completed its budget.
You can create different rules for campaigns ending in varying time intervals and their minimum OSI for DM to monetize their impressions. This helps you to prevent DM from monetizing impressions intended for guaranteed campaigns when they are lagging in their schedules. In this way, impressions applicable for your guaranteed campaigns are protected till they are on track as per your configuration.
For example, you can create a rule such as for a campaign ending in 0 to 7 days, the campaign's OSI > 80%. In this case, if the competing guaranteed campaign's OSI is 81%, then DM can compete with it for the impressions if it can provide the minimum lift configured above. But if the campaign's OSI is <= 80%, then DM cannot compete with it.
Use the or button in the Edit OSI pacing popup window to add or remove rules for your account respectively.
After selections are made, click Apply & Proceed to move to the next step of Create Line Items.
Create Line Items
The Create Line Items screen displays the list of DM-specific order and line items that you need to add in your ad server:
|Order Name||Displays the name of the DM order which you need to create in your ad server.|
|Advertiser||Displays the name of the advertiser which you need to create for associating with the DM order.|
|Line Item Name||Displays the name of the DM line items which you need to create in the DM order.|
|Time Period||Displays the time interval for each DM line item which you need to configure.|
|Priority||Displays the priority of each DM line item.|
|Campaign Type||Displays the type of each DM line item based on the bid status's value.|
|Delivery Goal||Displays the delivery goal to be set for each DM line item.|
Displays the value of bid status which you need to set for each DM line item in the Targeting - Custom Criteria section in your ad server.
Bid Status indicates the priority at which PubMatic calculates the RTB/PMP bid to monetize the impression:
|Traffic Line Item|
Click one of the following buttons to enable or disable line items targeted at the corresponding bid status. Possible options are:
- Indicates that the Traffic Line Item feature is enabled for the given site. If enabled, the line item for bid status will be trafficked in the ad server.
Click the Save button. The DM line items will be added to your ad server.